Crashing

Another one in third person!! It's only the first part, though.

Ansel has called Shailene to his house for moral support...

"I'm so nervous," Ansel says, letting out a shaky laugh as he runs a hand through his hair for what seems like the hundredth time.
"Oh my god, will you stop? You'll do fine," Shai says, rolling her eyes and brushing her long hair over her shoulder.
"What if she says no?" he asks, looking to Shai.
"Ansel." She puts her hands on his shoulders and looks up at him. "She will not say no."
"How do you know?" he responds, chewing his lip nervously.
"Have you seen the way she looks at you?" she asks, and Ansel shrugs. "God, you're so clueless."
"Hey!"
"You really are. I mean it's so blatantly clear that she's in love with you." Shai steps away and puts her hands on her hips. She raises an eyebrow at him, and he laughs lightly.
"Really?"
"Really." She rolls her eyes playfully. "Now go fucking propose to your girlfriend, you dork."
"Can I practice one more time? I want this to be absolutely perfect," he says, and Shai suppresses a laugh.
"Fine. Fine."
Ansel gets down on one knee before pulling out a small box from his pocket. He opens the box, revealing a beautiful ring. Shai smiles as Ansel looks up at her.
"My beautiful y/n, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"
"Perfect," Shai says, helping him up. "I would say yes if I were her," she adds, making him smile.
"Thanks so much, Shai," he says, pulling her into a hug.
"What are friends for?" she replies, patting his back. "Now go get yourself a fiancée."

———

Your P.O.V.

You hear a knock on your door, and you go to open it.
"Ansel!" You throw your arms around him, and he picks you up.
"Hey, princess," he says, kissing your shoulder before letting you down.
"What's up?" you ask, taking his hand and pulling him into the living room.
"I actually want to ask you something," he says, and you look to him.
"Yeah?"
He looks nervous, and you tilt your head to the side inquiringly.
"I'm so nervous," he laughs.
"What are you so nervous about? It's okay," you say, smiling at him.
He meets your eyes, and you can practically see his face relax as he looks into your eyes.
"God, I love you so much," he says, and you smile.
"I love you, too."
He moves closer before suddenly getting down on one knee. You gasp in shock, and you cover your mouth. This is really happening.
"My beautiful princess. The love of my life." He pulls out a box from his pocket. He opens it, revealing the most beautiful ring you've ever seen in your entire life. Tears prick your eyes as he says, "Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"
His chocolate eyes meet yours, and you feel overcome with happiness.
"Yes," you say. You don't have to think about it. You know you love him, and you want to spend the rest of your life with him.
He takes your hand before slipping the ring on your finger. It sparkles gorgeously, and you can't stop the smile that forms on your face.
He stands up, dropping the box and pulling you into his arms. You laugh happily and wrap your arms around him tighter.
"I love you so much," he whispers in your ear, making your entire body warm.
"I love you so much, too," you respond as he lets you down. You feel tears in your eyes, and you can't stop smiling.
"DID SHE SAY YES?" You hear someone yelling outside.
"Shailene!" Ansel yells back, trying not to laugh.
Shai comes running into the room, and her face lights up when she sees you both.
"She said yes, didn't she?" she asks, and you nod. She lets out a little squeal of excitement and runs over to you, throwing her arms around the both of you.
"Crashing my proposal," Ansel mutters, but he's grinning.
"Oh shut up. You wanted me to come."
"I did," he admits, making you both laugh.
You couldn't have imagined this happening any better way.

A/N
I really loved writing this wow