Safari

Requested by arrows24 xx

Earlier in the week, Ansel had surprised you with tickets for a safari trip...

Ansel's P.O.V.

I watch as you lean over the railing, a smile on your face as you touch the trunk of the elephant. All the animals are beautiful and amazing, but I can't pay much attention to them because I can't take my eyes off you. You look toward me, saying something, a bright smile on your beautiful face. I can't hear you because my thoughts are clouded with emotion—it's like I'm falling in love with you all over again.
"Ansel!" you laugh, finally snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Sorry, what were you saying?" I ask sheepishly, my face flushing.
"I was trying to say come over here and pet the elephants with me!" You laugh, and I can't stop the smile forming on my face. Your laugh has always been so beautiful, and whenever you laugh, it's like everything is better. Like everything is right in the world. I suppose it makes sense because you are my world, and when you're happy, I'm happy. I realize I'd gotten lost in my thoughts again, and I'm brought back to reality when you tug on my hand, pulling me along toward the elephants. "What are you doing? You're so distracted today." You look at me, your eyes shining.
"I think I'm falling in love with you all over again," I admit, and you smile.
"That's why you're so stare-y and cute?" you tease, making me blush.
"Oh shut up," I laugh, putting my hands on your face before kissing you gently. You smile against my lips as you wrap your arms around my neck. It's an amazing feeling to be holding you, the girl I love, in my arms. We finally pull apart, and you pull me over to the elephants. After about half an hour, we start toward the next spot, which is a place for zip lining. I've always been terrified of heights, but knowing you would be thrilled to try this, I agreed to it.
"Are you okay?" you ask as we're being prepped to zip line.
"Yes."
"You're not okay," you say, raising an eyebrow at me.
"You know I'm scared of heights," I respond meekly.
"We'll be fine. I mean, we're going together," you reply reassuringly. Once we're completely ready, we get up to the edge. I'm holding you from behind, so you'll basically be sitting in my lap as we zip line. The view is amazing but terrifying at the same time. "It'll be fine," you whisper before pecking my cheek.
"Yeah. It'll be fine," I breathe, wrapping my arms around you tightly.
"3 2 1, go!" We kick off the platform, and my stomach lurches, but having you so close to me makes me feel safer.
"Oh my god!" you scream happily as we speed down the line. It's actually thrilling, and I calm down enough to look around at the animals below us. There are the elephants that we were just petting. Some giraffes are in the distance, and you point toward something.
"What?" I ask, trying to make my voice audible over the wind.
"You!" you yell back, pointing at the ostriches running in the plains. You start laughing your perfect laugh, and I laugh, too.
"I'm not an ostrich!" I complain, but I can't stop laughing. Before long, we come to the end of the line. Some of the safari workers help us off the line, and we hop onto the platform. Pulling off the harnesses and other equipment, I look at you. "That was actually fun."
"I told you we'd be fine," you tease, your eyes sparkling. I pull you into my arms, and you giggle adorably.
"I love you so much, Elyea," I whisper before pressing my lips to yours.
"I love you, too," you mumble, making me smile. Just when I thought I couldn't possibly love you any more.

IT'S KINDA EH AND I'VE NEVER REALLY WRITTEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS LIKE WHAT IS THIS? FIRST PERSON/SECOND PERSON? 1.5 PERSON? I know I'm not funny, and I also know that didn't make any sense. Okay, anyway, hope you liked it!!!