Under The Stars

Requested by Elyea ( arrows24 ) xx Hope you like it!!

You're camping and stargazing with your boyfriend, Ansel...

"That looks like...what was it called?"
"Orion's Belt?" you suggest, and he chuckles.
"I think so, yeah," he replies, moving closer to you. You look toward him, meeting his eyes before glancing to the small bundle beside him. You keep thinking it's moving, but you know that can't be true.
You go back to looking at the stars, his arm under your head as pillow as you lie against him, your body warmed by his. You don't even have to talk—you're both content with just being together and enjoying each other's company.
After a while, he moves to sit, and you sit up to look at him. He smiles at you before starting to sing, "In a perfect world—one we've never known—we would never need to face the world alone."
You can't help the smile that forms on your face. It's one of your absolute favorite songs.
You begin singing with him, "They can have the world. We'll create our own. I may not be brave or strong or smart. But somewhere in my secret heart..."
He grabs the small bundle, and you furrow your brow.
"I know love will find a way, anywhere I go," he sings, slowly opening up the bundle to reveal a box with holes in it.
"I'm home if you are there beside me," you sing with him, a bit distracted by the box in his hands.
He stops opening the box to continue, "Like dark, turning into day, somehow we'll come through. Now that I've found you—love will find a way."
You smile as you sing with him, "I was so afraid, now I realize—love is never wrong, and so it never dies. There's a perfect world shining in your eyes. And if only they could feel it too, the happiness I feel with you." He leans in, pressing his forehead to yours. "They'd know love will find a way anywhere we go. We're home if we are there together. Like dark, turning into day. Somehow we'll come through."
He pulls away before opening the box. "Now that I've found you, love will find a way. I know love will find a way." A little corgi puppy is inside the box, and you gasp.
"You did not!"
"Oh but Ellie, I did," he replies with a grin. You can't stop the huge smile that forms on your face as you pick up the small puppy. He wags his tail, his big eyes looking up at you. You notice something shining on his neck, and you put him in your lap to look closer.
"Rings?" you gasp, astounded.
"Promise rings," Ansel replies, and you untie the string around the puppy's neck to get the two glimmering rings.
"They're gorgeous," you say softly, and Ansel takes one from you before slipping it onto your left ring finger.
"Because I'll always be yours," he says as you slip his ring onto his finger.
"And I'll always be yours," you reply before pressing your lips to his. He smiles against you, and you feel your entire body warm in happiness.
"And he's going to be ours," he chuckles as he pulls away, petting the small puppy on the head.
"Already the perfect family," you joke.
"Anything would be perfect with you."

A/N
that ending was so fucking cheesy omg I'm crying