Every Single Time

You're waiting for your boyfriend, Ansel, to come home...

You hear the door open and close, and footsteps come padding toward you. He covers your eyes with his hands, making you smile.
"Guess who," he whispers near your ear.
You giggle, reaching behind you and touching his face. "Hey you."
"Hey, beautiful," he replies, uncovering your eyes and coming around to your front. He sits beside you on the couch, and you lean into his side. He puts an arm around you, and you breathe in his scent.
"I missed you."
"I missed you, too, princess," he replies as you nuzzle his neck.
"How was your day?"
"It was great! But I just couldn't wait to come back home to you," he chuckles. "I hate being apart from you. Even for a few minutes, let alone hours."
"I feel the same way," you whisper softly before looking up at him. One of his brown curls falls onto his forehead, and his eyes sparkle as you look into them.
"You're so perfect, princess. You know that, right?" he asks, his voice soft. He touches your face gently, and you blush.
"Oh shush," you giggle, and he smiles before gently kissing your lips. You put your hand on his face, slowly moving it up before tangling it in his hair as you deepen the kiss.
"I'm so lucky to have you," he mumbles against your lips.
"And I, you." You smile, your cheeks flushing. No matter how many times he says things like this—no matter how many times he says he loves you, every single time, you feel butterflies in your stomach. Every single time, it feels just like the first time he kissed you—the first time he said he loves you.
"I love you," he whispers, pulling away a bit. It's as if he read your mind.
You smile and look into his eyes. "I love you, too."