Middle ((Part 1))

Something bad was happening.

The day seemed rather normal, nothing was new or spectacular. No mystery meat, no random pep rally's, no locker checks or pat downs. Not even a fire drill. But as Christine neared her usual table something was off, something big.

Hundreds of teenagers yelling and running full speed, laughing with their friends and trying to see who could chug down a can of Coke faster. Add a lack of deodorant and no censor whatsoever and you've got yourself the usual Middle Borough high school Cafeteria. As Christine plopped her tray down at her usual table next to her girlfriend something was up. Something huge.

Jenna Roland wasn't using her phone.

In fact it sat right next to her bowl of soup, it's screen looking sad and black. The owner of the phone had her head in her hands and was looking down at the table, murmuring something the shorter girl couldn't understand. Christine poked Jenna's shoulder, hoping for some kind of reaction, to no avail.

"Hey Gretchen Wieners" She said, making Jenna groan and look up

"What's up?" Christine asked worriedly "Are you sick? Do you need a bandaid? Did you fail algebra? Do you need Advil? Are you-"

"They're back" Jenna whispered, almost inaudibly

Christine cocked her head to one side "Uh-who's back?"

"Middle. Middle's back and they're starting TODAY" Jenna exclaimed nearly slamming her face into her soup

Christine pulled Jenna by her hair, making her sit straight up, a look of panic in the gossip queen's eyes.

"Jenna I'm going to need you to CALM DOWN" She ordered slowly letting go of the girl's hair. "Take a slow, deep breath-" she instructed breathing in and making sure her girlfriend did so as well "and breathe out-relax"

After taking a few more deep breaths Jenna shuddered and sat down, still shaking slightly. Christine's eyes darted around the cafeteria for some of her other friends, finally spotting Michael, Brooke and Jeremy making their way towards the table. She quickly waved them over, and after Jeremy realized Christine was waving at them crazily the trio rushed over.

"What happened?" Brooke asked, taking a seat next to Jenna, who stared at her blank screen

"I don't know! Something about Middle being back? Do any of you know what that-" Christine started when suddenly the entire table went silent

"Middle's back?!" Jeremy shrieked immediately starting to bite his fingernails

"Oh sweet Jesús-" Michael groaned taking a long sip of his slushee and closing his eyes, slowly rubbing his temple "Not them again! I thought they'd stopped them back in freshman year!"

Jenna shook her head "The IP address lead to like forty seven different locations, one being the Principal's own computer" she said solemnly "They can't be stopped"

"Who the Hell even are they?!" Christine sputtered confusedly

"Who are we talking about?" The voice of Jake asked as he, Chloe and Rich sat down at the table

"Middle" Michael answered

"The little bastard-"

"Son of a bitch-"

"Good for nothing, lying, backstabbing, slu-"

"She gets it Chloe!" Brooke snapped before calming down and turning to Christine

"Middle is an account that somehow has access to everyone's phone number and personal information" she began

"They send 'Middle's Daily Updates' to every student and faculty member. It started off as just regular school announcements" Michael added