It's Treebros again

First grade was not going so well for Connor. 

His teacher was nice, a young lady by the name of Mrs. Heather McNamara, who smelled like lemon tarts and smiled when she talked. She'd gotten the entire class (a group of 21) to sit on the carpet so they could all do a sharing circle. 

"Everyone has to say their name, age, favourite colour, and three things about them" Mrs. McNamara explained 

"I'll got first! My name is Heather McNamara-Swayer and my favourite colour is yellow! I'm 38 years old I love to sing, I'm a part time hairstylist and I have a daughter named Alana who's in kindergarten! Who wants to go next?" she asked clapping her hands 

Connor ecstatically waved up his hand and Heather laughed and pointed at him to go "What's your name?" she asked 

"My name's Connor Bob-Marley Heere-Mell!! I'm six years old and my favourite colour is pink!" He exclaimed "I love to draw! And I like unicorns, and singing, and sprinkles, and dancing ballet!" 

Mrs. McNamara laughed "That's wonderful Connor! I hope you might be able to show the class some ballet! Alrighty whose next-"she started 

"Those are girl things!" a boy shrieked

Connor looked confusedly at the boy, a betrayed look on his face. "No-no they aren't." he counter argued, biting his lip 

Mrs. McNamara looked ready to smack the kid "Those aren't just girl things! Boys can like pink and ballet as well!" 

"Nu-uh!" another girl piped up "My Momma says that blue is for boys and pink is for girls! Anyone else is a werido!"

"Actually everyone can have their own likes and dislikes!" Mrs. McNamara explained nearly shrieking at this point "It is perfectly normal for boys to like things other than sports and action figures, if Connor likes unicorns and dancing then let him. NOW. How's next?" she said desperately trying not to come back to the topic. She didn't want to explain gender roles and society to a group of six year olds on their first day of classes. 

But after the sharing circle something new had spread like wildfire, Connor was weird. Every time he'd approach someone new they'd run away shouting he had cooties. Connor shrugged and moved on to the next person, but soon he was left all alone. 

Mrs. McNamara had handed out colouring pages and crayons to entertain the kids while she turned in her lesson plan. Connor had chosen a Barbie colouring page of a princess dancing with woodland creatures. He was scribbling away at a desk when a group of boys came up to him. 

Snapping his fingers he leader got his goonies to yank the picture from Connor's reach, the pale boy in return growled "Hey! Give that back I'm not done!" 

The boy laughed and dangled the colouring page in front of him "This?" he asked before tearing it into shreds  

Connor gasped and fell to the floor, desperately trying to piece together his colouring page. "Look what you did!" He shrieked looking in horror at the mess of paper 

He locked eyes with the other boys, the look of a wounded puppy on his face as tears began to swell in his eyes "That-that was mine! Why?!" 

The group of boys laughed, making Connor even angrier, but he was too sad over his picture to care. 

The leader spoke up again, a smug look on his face "We're just protecting you! Glitter gives you cooties, and if you have cooties you DIE!" 

Connor's pupils shrunk to the size of peas "D-Die?" he whispered shaking slightly 

"You know the only way to get rid of cooties?! Kicking 'em out!" the boy shouted gleefully 

All at once the group of bullies pounced atop of Connor, making him shriek and thrash as they began to kick him and pull his hair. 

"Hey stop it!" suddenly rang out a different voice 

Almost immediately the bullies stopped and parted just in time to see a pint sized blonde kid running into the fight and punching  the leader in the nose. There was loud crack and the toddler toppled over. Connor watched in amazement and slight horror as the small toddler took on the much bigger boys till Mrs.McNamara came to separate the fight. 

Both the bully and the hero had gotten a time out, (un)luckily for the bully the blonde boy had fractured his nose and given him a black eye. While Mrs.McNamara was settling things with the other boy's parents Connor cautiously approached the blonde kid in the time-out corner. He was staring outside the window when Connor tapped his shoulder, startling him as he slowly turned around to face the smiling boy. 

"Hi! I'm Connor!" he exclaimed 

The smaller boy awkwardly waved "Hey-I'm-I'm Evan. What do-do you want?"

Evan had light skin and short dirty blonde hair. He was small and slightly chubby compared to Connor, he wore a batman shirt and dark grey jeans. Evan hadn't gotten out of the fight completely clean, he had a bloody nose and his arms were starting to bruise. 

"You saved me! So I made this for you!" he exclaimed 

Connor took out a paper heart from his pocket made from pink construction paper and covered in glitter. Sloppily written on it read 'Salamat!' surrounded by smaller marker drawn hearts. Evan looked at it curiously, lifting up an eyebrow suspiciously 

"T-Thank y-you. What-what-does it say?" he asked taking the card into his hands, blushing slightly, then immediately regretting it because the glue was still wet. 

Connor's face lit up and he clapped his hands together "You like it?! It says 'Thank You!' in Filipino! My Papa showed my how to say it!" 

Evan half-grinned, nervously tapping his fingers on the windowsill. "Um-um-T-that's so cool!" 

"Right?! Anyways" Connor said nervously shifting his weight in between his feet "I-I'm not supposed to talk to you right now but I just wanted to say thanks!" 

"Connor!" both boys heard Mrs.McNamara snap "Evan still has twelve more minutes of time out left!" 

"Coming!" Connor exclaimed but not before looking back at Evan. 

He gave the blonde boy a quick hug and squeezed a friendship bracelet into his hand. "Bye" he whispered running back to the carpet. 

Evan's face was bright pink when he inspected the friendship bracelet. It was pastel pink and had multicoloured gems braided into it. Some gems had letters on them and he could faintly make out 'BFF'. It didn't really go with his whole 'bad boy' outfit but he couldn't care less. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cotton Candy and Hunters and Elementary AU treebros all at once. Keep it Classy!~Goldi