1 • meet brendon

{ryan's pov}

{ryan's pov}

i was sitting in my room playing some chords on my guitar until i heard a soft knock on my door. i open the door to reveal spencer, my new friend in this new neighborhood. "hey ryan! i was wondering if you would like to come over to my house and we can hang out? my friend brendon is also joining us, it'll be fun!"

i pondered for a minute. well this brendon guy can either be nice or a complete douche. i could possibly make another friend before school start, which is in a matter of days. i accept spencer's invitation and hang out with him. who knows, this brendon guy might be pretty chill.

as i walk out the front door with spencer, i shout "i'm going over to spencer's for awhile!" to my mother. she yells "come home in time for dinner!" back from the kitchen. when we arrive at spencer's house, a boy with brown, floppy hair, a big forehead and huge, plump, pink lips. honestly i think he's pretty attractive, but i don't what type of person he is. to my surprise, he walks up and greets spencer.

"hey brendon, this is my new neighbor ryan, he seems pretty nice and i think you guys could be great friends!" he explains. brendon and i exchange small waves and a grin. wow, that was a little awkward. spencer leads us into his house and up to his room. band posters, mostly of blink-182, green day, and fall out boy (the new band of teenage boys that is the buzz). my personal favorite band currently is blink-182, I really like playing their music.

"i really like your posters" i awkwardly blurt out. brendon smiles at me as spencer glances at me. that damn smile of his, it's beyond gorgeous. "oh thanks, do you have a favorite band?" spencer asks me. wow, that wasn't as awkward as i thought it'd be. "in fact, i really like blink-182 at the moment." brendon's eyes glow up as i state my reply. "really? i love them! i want to cover one of their songs some day. do you play any instruments?" i have a lot in common with these boys than i thought i would. "um i play the guitar and sing a little" i bite the inside of my cheek.

"we should really get together and play sometime" spencer suggests, "i play the drums and so we could basically be a garage band" to be honest, that's actually a good idea. i smile and agree to the idea, along with brendon. i wonder if there's more to this mysteriously flawless brendon guy.

"so brendon, what instrument do you play?" i ask. brendon lists the trumpet, guitar, piano, drums occasionally, plus he can sing. damn, this boy is fucking talented. my eyes are literally the size of the moon after he lists these. "wow, that's impressive dude." i admit. "yeah, hate to brag about it but it's pretty cool" he adds, which causes me to release a small giggle. god, i hate my laugh.

after we talk about music and instruments for awhile, spencer's mom yells "spencer! ryan has to head home now!" from the kitchen. spencer yells an "okay" back and i wave goodbye to spencer and brendon. before i walk out the door of spencer's house his mom says "your mother just wants you home for dinner but you're welcome to come back if you like!" she seems nice. i think i'm gonna enjoy brendon as a friend.

~

{591 words}

i will actually try to devote to this story unlike the past few i've tried to write.

i'll try to update once every 1 to 2 weeks