Packing up history

"Okay my room is packed up!" I smile sadly, Matt is standing behind me looking at the room full of boxes and a deconstructed bed that we need to take to my dads for one of Sams kids. 

"You know.. I guess.. I just never thought I would be saying goodbye you again..." Matt said as he pulled me into his side. 

"it's not goodbye, it's ill see you soon" I reply 

"Yeah.." Matt mumbled. 

----------------------------------------------

"Dad! Sam!" I call out as I enter his house

"Lounge" I hear a reply

When I get in there I notice that they are not alone, Sam's kids have arrived, The two youngest are on iPads and Josie and Kane on their phones. They all look-up at me as I dropped a duffle bag of clothes.

"Well hi!, I'm Aj" I started off. 

"Hi" 

"Hello"

"Hey" 

"Hmmph" 

All the responses flew in at once. Josie seemed very chirpy, Kane... not so much.. Adam, the 10 year old was once again distracted by a game on this IPad. 

"Okay, well mine and Matt's place is all packed up, I found heaps of old clothes that I don't need anymore, I thought some might fit you Josie?... " I said, she looked a little shocked that I was addressing her. 

"Really? Omg, awesome! Thank you! Can I look now??" She jumped off the couch, super excited. 

"Yeah, go for gold!" I smiled 

"So Matt, where are you moving again?" Sam asked

"I'm moving into Josh's apartment, since Mike and Ruby moved in together, I can't have my old roommate back again" He told her 

"Well that will be nice" She smiled, probably still getting used to all the names and everyone. 

"Probably a good thing, I worry about him, I know Corlynn does as well" Dad said. 

"OMG! Look at these jeans, and this top! and omg these shorts!" Josie cut in, obviously is a bit of heaven at the moment. 

" That was really nice of you, we don't get a lot of new things" Sam smiled sadly, I wonder what happened to the kids father... 

"So Mike, Ian, Matt and Josh and just moving the rest of Matt stuff over now, I am picking Alex up from the airport tonight, he is help me load my stuff into the moving truck to take to Baltimore" I let them know the plan. 

"Alex your fiancé right?" Same says a little confused 

"Your getting married? thats so exciting!!" Hannah speaks for the first time 

"Oh no! We are not engaged, just uh my boyfriend" I mumble 

"Well I tell you what, that boy better get down on one knee sooner rather than later, because if my daughter is moving half way across the country for him, he better damn well commit!" My dad finishes sort of out of breathe 

"Dad, is hasn't not committed! we have been together for almost two years now, I don't expect that" I reply to him sternly. Though imagining Alex down on one knee with a shiny engagement ring does make me smile. 

"Is he hot?" Josie randomly asks 

"Uh... Well.. yeah.." I reply 

"Josie Marie! He is too old for you! Aj is 23" Sam scolded her