Chapter 10 - Work work work

December 25th 2007 –

(Amberleys P.O.V)

Christmas again.  Last year doesn’t feel that long ago, Last year I was still with Jasper, this time last year is when Amanda left josh. Wow. Has it really been a year already.

**Knock Knock Knock**

“Hey There” I greeted Jarrod at the door. Over the last two weeks, we have actually become really good friends. I liked having a gay best friend. It was fun!

“Merry Christmas! Are you ready to go?” Oh right I probably should say that.

“Merry Christmas! Yeah just let me get my jacket!” I said before walking to the lounge room to find the jacket that went with my outfit.

After I found my jacket we set off to my grandparents, Matt was already there since he decided to go and spend Christmas Eve with them as well. We set off, casually chatting along the way. When we arrived at my grandparents Jarrod was very surprised at my grandparent’s estate.

“Wow. Your grandparents are… well… rich” was all he really managed to get out.

“ah yeah” I said as he parked the car and we made our way to the front door. But before we even had a chance to knock my grandma was there

“Amberley! My beautiful girl! Come give grandma a hug!” before I could even respond she had pulled me into a hug.

“Merry Christmas Grandma” I said as I pulled out of the hug

“Ah! And you must be Jarrod?” my grandma said pulling him into a hug as well

“That would be me, its nice to meet you Ma’am” he was so polite!

“Oh my dear! You are such a gentleman!” she said as she started to pull us into the house, turns out we were the last to arrive since when we walked into the lounge room it was full and my grandma yelled

“Present time!”

The day went over pretty smoothly, even though I had to remind my grandma many times that Jarrod was gay so nothing was happening. Josh’s date was a girl called Chelsea, she seemed really nice even though she did remind me a lot of Amanda. But yeah the day was pretty much the same as most other Christmas’s. I ended up back at my house watching a movie with Matt.

“Hey so… you haven’t really dated in a while…” Matt stated

“Well Matt I have never really ‘Dated’ I’ve only really had 1 boyfriend” I retorted

“True. Well are you planning on dating or something…” he asked being the regular old awkward Matt

“Are you encouraging me to date Matthew?” if anything he is always trying to keep me far far away from guys.

“No I’m happy if you never date any guy ever again. However, I was just curious that’s all…” and there we go protective Matt is back.

“I see, well I don’t know. No dating plans of yet… but I guess we can see what happens. What is happening with you and Nicole?” I figured if he can ask me I my as well ask him.

“Nothing” wow a one word answer.

“That’s it?” I questioned

“Yep” okay well that is obviously the end of this conversation. We went back to watching the movie and we both ended up falling asleep on the couch.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Amberleys P.O.V)

Over the next year, the band grew more popular everyday. We did a few smaller tours, interviews, and what not. However, most of the time was spent on the guys writing and recording their sophomore album. Josh and I’s friendship stayed the same we were basically inseparable. I didn’t really have the time do date, with the MT boys working on a record, I was put on to manage a few other bands and what not whilst I wasn’t busy all the time with the guys. Therefore, I was still busy all the time.