chapter 26 - Im late...

July 25th 2012 –

(Amberleys P.O.V)

I woke up alone and sweating. We were in Virginia today, and it was going to be a hot one. I changed into some shorts and a tank top before going to the as always full front lounge. I was greeted by a chorus of good mornings, my head was banging from last nights party, which evolved a little too much alcohol.

“Inside voices” I grumbled

“Someone’s a little hangover” Jack cooed. I know he was just joking but I really just wasn’t in the mood.

“Someone’s a little annoying” I replied, by voice thick with venom. I took a seat with a cup of coffee in hand; Alex put his arm around my shoulder. I wasn’t really paying attention the conversation, but suddenly everyone started yelling.

“WHAT DO YOU GUYS NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT INSIDE VOICES?” I yelled standing up. I breathed deeply trying to not get too angry. I heard, Jack and Josh whisper something.

“What did you say?” I ask

“PMS Much” Josh repeated himself. I just gave him a hateful glare. Before my face went blank.

“What date is it?” I ask suddenly

“25th…” Rian answered.

“Shit” I mumbled, whilst counting back days in my head.

“What’s up?” Alex spoke up

“Where’s Teegan?”  I ask, ignoring the question.

“Uh, she went to go pick up Cass” Rian said

“When will they be back?” just as I ask they both walk in.

“Aj!” Cass called happily walking over to me and pulling me into a hug.

“Need to talk. Outside. Now” I said abruptly to Cass and Teegan.

“Everything okay babe?” Alex asked. I just nodded briefly before walking off the bus.

“Aj… what’s up?” Cass asked concerned

“Need to get out of earshot of the bus” I said, walking away from the bus. They both followed me, when I was sure I was far enough way I stopped and turned to face the two girls.

“Aj?” Teegan asked

“I’m late…” I tell them

“Like how late?” Cass asks

“A-a-about t-t-two w-w-weeks” I stutter out. I could feel my eyes brim with tears.

“How? Aren’t you on the pill?” Teegan asks

“I was… it ran out, I didn’t bring another prescription with me… so he just started using condoms…” I tell them tears spilling over now.

“Its okay, do you remember him never not using one?” Cass queries

“No… I mean there were a few nights of drunk sex… so I guess… anything could of happened….” I mumbled through tears.

“Hey, its okay, Teegan and I will go buy some tests, you need to go talk to Alex” Cass said taking on her natural motherly role. I just nod before walking back to the bus.  I try to clean up my face as much as I can before walking onto the still full bus.

“Alex can I talk to you?” I say standing at the front of the bus.

“Sure…” Alex gives me a confused look before I turn and get back off the bus, starting to walk out of earshot of the others again.