Familiar Encounters

A/N: I realize I haven't updated in quite a long time 😅 I really have no other excuse besides being lazy

It felt like an eternity as Sesshomaru lead you silently through the forest. His grip remained iron tight as you stumbled along behind him. The sun hung low, giving the sky a gloomy look to it. Every once in a while, you tugged on your hand resulting in Sesshomaru digging his sharp nails into your skin. It would only hurt for only a second before he removed his nails. He often peered at you over his shoulder, as if he expected you to vanish into thin air. Sometimes you wish you could. No words were exchanged as he suddenly came to a stop. 

"We'll rest for now," he said as he released your wrist.

 You stared silently at him as he sat down on the forest floor. You half expected him to force you to sit down beside him, however, you turned away and began walking off into the forest. Faintly, you heard him chuckle, "Do not waste your energy, I've allowed you some time to rest and you shan't waste it trying to leave," your pace slowed at his warning. He was right, however, you were in no haste to sit in his presence so you sat down several feet away facing your back to him. The sun was beginning to set allowing the moon to show all its light. The forest was just barely lit enough to see the few trees ahead of you. A weak smile crept onto your face.

  There had been a time where I might've enjoyed the night sky and cool air but so much has changed. 

You flinched as your thoughts were cut short as the sound of crunching leaves sound from several feet ahead of you. Peering over your shoulder you stared at Sesshomaru who seemed to have ignored the sound. As you turned your head back you couldn't help but yelp and jerk back as a large insect flew only a couple inches from your face. The sound of its rapidly flapping wings nearly made you writhe as it suddenly flew off. Before you could even speak a blur of white flew past you chasing after the grotesque looking bug. 

"Sesshomaru?" you questioned as he chased after the bug. 

Within a few minutes, however, he returned wearing his usual blank expression.

 "Did you kill it?" you muttered as he pulled you up from the ground. 

"Yes." he flatly lamely. You nodded as he suddenly grasped onto your wrist again. 

"That means we should continue onward," he said.

 "Onward to where? We've been walking for hours and you haven't told me a single thing!" you fired back suddenly remembering your encounter with him and Kagura.

 Sesshomaru stared down at you wearing an unreadable expression. 

Flustered, you avoided his gaze. "Do you wish to die by the hands of Naraku?" he suddenly asked in a cold tone.

 Stunned, you stared up at Sesshomaru frowning. "I do not wish to die," you whispered weakly as Sesshomaru continued to stare down at you. In return, however, you returned his gaze with a defiant glare. 

"Walk." he commanded as he turned away and started back further into the poorly lit woods. 

"Where are you taking me?" you cried out as Sesshomaru came to a stop once again. He sighed angrily as he tugged your arm rather roughly.

 "I won't repeat myself again (F/N), now walk" he ordered. 

"Let go of me!" You yelled, feeling your anger begin to bubble.

 "Why should I go anywhere with you! I am not your possession and I will do what I want and I do not want to go anywhere with the likes of you..." you spat as Sesshomaru let out a dangerously low growl.