Haruto the Coward

You puffed softly as you followed carefully behind your father's general. He showed no sign of stopping as the sun was already beginning to peek over the horizon. "May we stop? We've been walking since nightfall, I feel like I might faint," you whined. He came to an abrupt stop and sharply turned to face you.

 "No," he said with indifference as he turned away and continued making his way down the narrow path. You sighed and came to an abrupt stop leaning against a tree. He made it down several feet before finally noticing you hadn't followed. You flinched as he angrily walked towards you and grabbed onto your wrist tightly. 

"Quit being such a spoiled child! Now hurry the hell up!" he yelled as he yanked you behind him. You scowled at him and attempted to pull away, however, this only seemed to infuriate him more. "I really did feel bad for you when I learned the news of you being a sacrifice but now..! N-Now that our village is gone because of you! I-I wish I had left you!" he yelled angrily as he continued down the path pulling you harshly behind him. 

"I swear had I known what would happen to my people I would never have left!" you yelled back at him. He sighed loudly. "Just shut up already! We don't have any time to waste," he mumbled. 

                                                                                        ~ ~ ~ 

Rin sat idly beside Jaken who continued to nag at her. "You should have stayed with her Rin! Now Lord Sesshomaru has to go searching for (F/N)! Do you enjoy creating more problems for Lord Sesshomaru!?" before Jaken could continue he was interrupted by none other than Sesshomaru. "That's enough Jaken," Sesshomaru said with annoyance. Sesshomaru glanced over to stare at Rin and watched as she scrunched her face up childishly as she tried keeping herself from crying. "Rin where did (F/N) say she was going?" Sesshomaru asked for the third time. "She told me to go back to the camp and that she was going to look for a river to wash my kimono in!" She whined. Sesshomaru glanced down and stared at her mud stained kimono. "Jaken remain here with Rin, and if you continue to bother Rin, I make sure I'll be the one to silence you.." he said flatly as he turned back and continued to search for any possible signs of you.
                                                                                          ~ ~ ~
The sun blazed hotly above you as you continued behind him. "I never did learn your name," you commented. He was silent for several second before finally answering. "My name is Haruto," he said lamely. "I remember playing with you as a child," you commented hoping to relieve the awkwardness. "I remember you being even more spoiled than you are now," he said rudely. You pursed your lips tightly and decided to not say anything more. "What is it? You were so talkative minutes ago," he said with amusement. "You may say I'm spoiled now and then but I have to say you're one of the dullest men I've met in my lifetime," you said curling your lip upwards as a smile of victory. He scoffed and mumbled lamely under his breath. "We're almost there," he said as he pointed at the large village that sat far in the distance. You nodded as he picked up his pace. The village slowly got closer and closer, and soon enough you stood idly in front of it. You narrowed your eyes as you almost immediately noticed how silent and empty the village seemed. Taking several steps back Haruto grabbed onto your arm and cockily said."Ladies first" he said as he gave a small shove within the village. "Where is everyone?" you asked nervously as you eyed the village homes. "What do you mean?" he asked oblivious to the eery silence. You walked down the empty village roads pacing behind Haruto who seemed almost excited to be here. You stood several feet behind Haruto who came to a sudden stop and gave a curt nod to an unknown assailant. Several seconds later two men appeared behind Haruto and began rushing towards you. You cursed yourself as you spun around and began sprinting out of the village into the vast forest area. "Damn it!" yelled one of the men who failed to catch you. "You're both idiots," said Haruto as he began running after you. You panicked as he easily caught up and began reaching his arms out for you. "Got you!" Haruto yelled lowly as he tackled you to the solid ground. You winced feeling the metallic taste of blood reach your lips. "You make things so complicated," he complained as he tossed you over his shoulder. "Screw you!" you yelled squirming in his grasp. "What a vulgar girl you are! And they used to call you a princess," he joked as he reentered the village. You felt embarrassed as several villagers exited their homes and began stealing peeks of you. Several whispers began coming from all directions about what had happened to your village. Haruto chuckled. "I bet you enjoy being so infamous in such a large village," he said. You ignored him as he continued to babble until you entered the castle belonging to the village.