Day Three: Proposal

After walking for what seemed like hours, Sesshomaru selected a tree and sat down. Rin immediately began searching for wood to start a fire. You sat awkwardly across from Sesshomaru who stared quietly at you.

"Sesshomaru? Is everything alright?" you mumbled feeling his eyes trained on you.

"Come here.." he said indifferently. You hastily stumbled towards him. He patted the soft ground beside him. You quickly sat beside him, silence soon followed as Sesshomaru began looking elsewhere.

"I've thought up a proper method of thanks for me.." he finally said as he faced you. You raised an eyebrow as he let out a soft sigh.

"You will stay at my side at all times.." he announced. You felt your face burn as he forced your chin upwards and placed his lips against yours. He quickly pulled away as Rin and Jaken arrived back at camp carrying broken branches and twigs. Rin quickly noticed the both of you. She smiled as she dumped the twigs onto the floor and sat between you and Sesshomaru. 

"Master Jaken managed to find some fish Lord Sesshomaru!" she smiled and glanced up at you. You smiled as she began to ramble about random things she saw along the way.

Hours quickly passed filled with joyous laughter and before you knew it Rin and Jaken had fallen asleep, leaving you and Sesshomaru in an awkward silence.

"What am I to you?" you suddenly asked breaking the silence. You admit, the two of you hadn't spent much time together but your heart leaped at the thought of him.

"I don't know myself" he frowned. You listening to the small crackling noises of the dying fire. 

"We'll arrive at the village tomorrow morning.. we're very close by.." he said monotonously. You sighed wondering what will come tomorrow. 

○ ○ ○

You'd awoken to the gentle noises of A-Un. You sat up tiredly letting out a low sigh. Sesshomaru was nowhere in sight which disappointed you. Rin awoke soon after and rose to wake Jaken who sat completely still against a tree. You quickly dismissed yourself and began to search for something both you and Rin could eat. A small snap of a twig caused you to look up and see Sesshomaru watching you several feet away.

"G-Good morning Sesshomaru.." you mumbled as he turned away and walked back towards camp.  You quickly discovered some plump berries hanging from a bush nearby, you hastily picked them and returned to the camp. Rin gratefully accepted the berries as you began to make your way towards Sesshomaru who already started walking off without everyone.

"Sesshomaru?" you calmly asked as you managed to match his pace. He ignored you and stared straight ahead. You sighed.

"How far is the village?" you asked him, however, no reply came. Sighing, you returned back to Rin who walked side by side with A-Un.

"How are you today Rin?" you asked her in a happier tone. She smiled.

"I'm fine! I can't wait to pass through the village, Lord Sesshomaru says he has something important to do so we'll have to find somewhere to stay.. He says he feels an odd aura coming from the village and wants to see what it is!" she cheerfully explained, and after several hours of chatting you finally arrived at the village. You felt your heart drop in realization as this was your family's village. The village you spent two days running away from and now spent two days trying to get to. You stopped in your steps as the village came into view. The usually crowded and busy roads were empty and nearly all the houses had been shut up or covered their windows in some way. You felt like screaming.