Breakage

You sat silently beside the eerily quiet god who constantly stole glances at you. You sighed quietly as he began running his fingers through your hair.
"Is something wrong my love?" he cooed. You winced as he pulled your body towards him.
"N-Not at all.." you mumbled as he began placing his lips against your jawline.
"Really now.." he mumbled as his arms wrapped protectively around you. You felt somewhat awkward as he tipped your face upwards towards his. He grinned as he leaned closer towards you.
"Is this bothering you?" he teased as he burrowed his face in your neck, and sighed happily.
"M-My lord?" you nervously asked as he finally pulled away.
"Hm?" he cooed.
"Y-You should rest.. Your wounds aren't fully healed.." you mumbled hoping he'd leave you be. He sighed as he laid back onto his futon. You heard him scoff lightly as he pulled you down next to him.
"I won't let you leave my side.." he grumbled as he wrapped his arms tightly around you. You sighed quietly feeling the god begin breathing rhythmically. You couldn't even begin to feel tired as you were worried as to what exactly Sesshomaru had planned. Your questions were soon answered though as you began hearing faint shrieking and a soft blaze of what you suggested to be a fire appeared over the horizon. You squirmed out of the god's arms, luckily without waking him, and rushed to the window to see the whole village a blaze in the distance.
Is this Sesshomaru's idea of evacuating the people?!

○ ○ ○

After hours of faint cries, it finally died down along with the blaze. Sesshomaru arrived as the sun finally began peeking over the horizon. You watched as the god's face began contorting with pain. His power will probably be drained due to the burning of the temple, and the villagers are probably in too much shock to pray to him. You felt guilty as he sat up vigorously. He frowned at the sight of Sesshomaru.
"Come back to kill me huh?" he asked as he began coughing painfully. His eyes were filled with anger as you explained to him that he no longer had the villagers to torment.
"Why?" he asked sadly.
"Why can't you return my feelings.. I would've done anything for you! I-I loved you!" he began miserably clinging to your kimono.
"I-I'm sorry.." you were at a loss of words watching him begin begging you to stay. Sesshomaru watched silently before turning away and exiting the shrine.
"Let's go.. I find it pitiful to watch a god beg.." he said flatly. You bent down and placed a hand on the weeping god's cheek.
"I-I can't.." you said as you finally pulled away from the heartbroken god. You quickly walked outside to see Rin and Jaken laying on top of A-Un asleep. Sesshomaru stood silently as you placed your hand onto his.
"I knew you were going to do something ludicrous but I never would've thought you'd set fire to the village.." you sighed shakily as the god's cries could still be heard.
"P-Please.. I want to leave now.." you said feeling pity over the god. Sesshomaru quickly obliged and helped you onto A-Un.

○ ○ ○

Upon arriving back onto the mainland you spotted several villagers trying to salvage things from the fire. You felt yourself shrink back as some shot angry glares at you but most of them ran away upon seeing Sesshomaru's stoic face, some villagers even broke down weeping upon seeing you. You occasionally stole glances at Sesshomaru wondering if he even feels bad for the suffering village."What?" he said flatly. You stared quietly ahead."W-Where are we going now.." you nervously asked, not wanting to bring up a topic he'll almost definitely dislike. You sighed softly as he ignored your question and continued down the empty roads of the village."And my Father? What about him?" you asked trying to avoid the awkward silence."He escaped.." he said with indifference. You soon stopped your attempts of trying to make conversation and trailed Sesshomaru out of the deserted village and into the large vast forest. Nightfall arrived faster than you thought and Sesshomaru finally decided to take refuge near a large patch of wildflowers that let off a sweet yet sickening aroma. You sat quietly beside Sesshomaru watching Rin sleep peacefully."Do you think the god will die?" you asked lacing your voice with guilt as you finally broke the silence."I have no doubt he won't" he said with indifference. You stared quietly at the trees which stood as still as sentries.

"Do you pity him?" Sesshomaru boredly asked. You looked up at him and met eyes with his.

"How could I not?" you mumbled as Sesshomaru scowled. You flinched as Sesshomaru leaned down closer to you and whispered quietly to you."I should've killed him when I had the chance. After all, I've told you once before that you will stay at my side.." he muttered as he gently pressed his lips against yours. You smiled weakly as he pulled away."Sleep.." he muttered before turning away from you. You nodded briefly nodding off into sleep.

○ ○ ○ 

You awoke gasping for air. You slowed your breathing realizing Sesshomaru was nowhere in sight. Throughout the night your dreams were constantly invaded with the same scene of the begging god over and over in your head. Your eyes felt heavy as you paced quietly around the camp feeling an intense feeling of sickness growing within the pit of your stomach. You exhaled softly and began walking, and walking, and walking.

○ ○ ○ 

As if finally breaking out of your trance you found yourself looking up at the bleak shrine that belonged to the god. You stood horrified as you spun around expecting to see your village far off in the distance but instead all you could see was the endless horizon of water.

"I'm surprised my power withheld you long enough to make it back here my love..". You tensed up as his hands slide around your waist and pulled you into a tight embrace.
"I'll forgive you for leaving me.. That disgusting demon must have scared you into leaving me.." he nuzzled his head against the crook of your neck.
"Don't ever leave me alone again.. or else.." he mumbled lowly as he lead you inside the shrine. Your senses felt dull as he pulled your clothing off. You didn't remember much after that as you awoke besides the now sleeping god. His kimono laid crumpled besides yours. Your eyes burned as you sat up and retrieved your wrinkled kimono. You stood at the shoreline and stared at yourself through the reflection of water. Several love bites were lined up along your neck and collarbone. You slowly reached out beyond the shoreline hoping to try and swim away from here, however, upon reaching past the watery sand you felt your fingers bump into what seemed like a barrier. Several ripples were sent through the barrier as you brushed your fingers against it.

"The barrier will make it hard for that demon to get in..". You felt the god's terrifying presence as he stood idly besides you. He had lazily tied his kimono leaving his chest laid completely exposed. He wore a smug expression as he placed his hand onto your waist.

"After (Y/A)* years I finally have you my love.." he scoffed.

*(Y/A) stands for Your age.

"As a God I've lived quite a long life.. Much longer than the normal lifespan of a mere human, however, it has felt like an eternity waiting for you to mature in age.. I've already planned to make a visit to the divine orchard and retrieve a peach from peach trees, and upon biting into the fruit you will gain immortality, however, in my current condition, I won't be able to travel for some time.

○ ○ ○ 

Sesshomaru paced angrily around the burnt village of (Y/N). His blood boiled knowing he allowed you to return into the grasp of the pathetic God. He worried if he didn't find you in time you will become some kind of courtesan among other gods. Luckily he managed to think up a plan that would include Rin tricking Inuyasha and his companions into breaking the gods barrier. However, he already knew he wouldn't allow Inuyasha the joy of ending the god's pathetic life. All he needed to do was locate his brother..