Potion

You laid flat on your back staring up at the ceiling before you heard a familiar voice coo your name. Sitting up you easily spotted Naraku's figure standing idly in the room. "W-What are you doing here?!" you whispered harshly as he chuckled lowly. "I have to ask you something but rather than sending Kagura I came myself as I wouldn't trust her with this information..." he said calmly as he brushed his pale fingers through his long hair. You stared apprehensively at him as he moved closer and soon came to a stop much too close for comfort. "Well?" you said flatly as he leaned down closer to you. You fidgeted as he suddenly brushed his lips past your ear and slowly whispered, "I'd like you to have him drink this potion," he said in a dangerously low tone as he forced a small glass bottle into your hand.

 "No." you said almost angrily remembering how he'd already tricked Sesshomaru before. 

Naraku chuckled lowly as he suddenly grabbed a hold of your neck and squeezed it tightly. "I'm afraid you don't have a choice because remember you're alive because of me and my shard is still within you so I have complete control," he said angrily as he finally released you allowing you to take in large amounts of air. "W-What is it?" you asked holding onto your neck. Naraku clicked his tongue in annoyance as he glared at you. "It'll make him unconscious for a while and it'll be long enough that I can retrieve his Tenseiga," he muttered angrily as you stared down at the bottle in your hands. "There's no telling what he'll do if he realizes it was me," you said softly. "He won't kill you. I'm sure of that, however, I could care less if he leaves you behind in this village. All I need is the damned sword." he said calmly. You stared horrified at the simple thought of Sesshomaru succumbing to hate you. "I-I can't do that," you barely managed to whisper as Naraku sighed. "Oh?" he cooed suddenly as he placed his hand underneath your chin and gripped it tightly. "I'll make sure that nightmare you had some time ago actually takes places then, you don't know how unbearably easy I could re-enact that this time in reality." he chuckled as you dropped his gaze. "I'll take that as a yes then," he said as he plastered a fake smile on his face. "I expect it to be over with within a week," he said before briefly exiting the room. You stared blankly at the floor trying to sum up what had just happened. "Why me?" you muttered softly as you sat back down onto the worn tatami mat.

                                                                                          ***

Surprisingly, you awoke much earlier than usual and found that Kaede was still fast asleep. You slowly shoved the thin blankets off your body and were suddenly reminded of Naraku's orders as the bottle suddenly rolled out from within the blankets and skidded across the room. Letting out an inward groan you groggily sat up to retrieve the bottle when you heard a familiar voice. "What are you doing?" you looked up and met Sesshomaru's bored gaze as he sat cross-legged against the bleak wall. "Does it matter?" you replied back rather bitterly as you quickly retrieved the potion and tucked it into your kimono. "Are you going to tell me what you just hid away or shall I force it out of you?" he asked as he plastered an aloof expression on his face. You frowned, "I have no idea what you're talking about," you murmured nervously as he pushed off the ground and suddenly grabbed a hold of your waist. "S-Sesshomaru?!" you cried out as he suddenly covered your mouth his hand and slowly whispered. "Don't wake them," he said as he nodded towards Kaede's and Rin's sleeping figure. You nodded slowly as he finally removed his cold hand from your mouth. "I'm going back to bed," you muttered flustered as he stared quietly at you. "All you do is sleep," he muttered lowly as he sat down beside you. You stared up apprehensively at Sesshomaru who stared blankly down at you before he suddenly leaned down and forced his lips against yours. Several seconds passed and Sesshomaru finally pulled away letting out an almost inaudible sigh. You smiled weakly as he leaned in once more and kissed you somewhat deeply as he snaked his hand around your waist. You had almost forgotten about the potion hidden within your kimono when Sesshomaru suddenly snatched it out from within it and let out a low chuckle. You stared shocked and angered by his sudden advancement as you realized why he had changed so suddenly in behavior. "Give it back Sesshomaru," you said flatly as you held your hand out. He stared indifferently at you before clicking his tongue annoyed. "Where'd you get this then?" he said lowly as Kaede's figure began stirring in and out of sleep. "I made it with Kaede," you lied. He frowned, "If I ask her will she be able to confirm it?" he said calmly as you nodded slowly. "Very well," he said as he slowly moved his hand out as if to give it to you, however, he suddenly dropped it to the floor allowing the glass to shatter and spilling the fluid everywhere. You felt relief flush throughout your body knowing the time frame Naraku had set will now have been delayed, however, Sesshomaru would grow suspicious of you if you didn't act the way he expected you to act as. You glared up at Sesshomaru and pursed your lips tightly as his eyes shown a hint of amusement. You, however, didn't regret the next following seconds as you felt your hand collide harshly with Sesshomaru's cheek. He looked somewhat shocked as he stared down at you and frowned. "You're such an idiot!" you yelled angrily as you stormed out of the small home not wanting to see what would happen next as Rin, Kaede, and Jaken, now awake, peered curiously at the two of you. You sighed lowly as the bitter wind bit at your cheeks as you now stood idly at the forest entrance. Your head jerked upwards as the familiar noise of crunching leaves sounded in front of you. You quickly took notice of Kagura who stood cross-armed frowning. "Naraku was right to make sure to send a second potion," she said mischievously as he held out a similar looking bottle of potion. You frowned as she placed the bottle on the ground beside you. "You ought to follow Naraku's request as he will do all he can to make you as miserable as possible," she said lowly as she quickly turned away and walked off. Only seconds later did another figure emerge revealing Kaede's hunched over body. "You're up early," she said calmly as you nodded. "Are you going to tell me what happened back there?" she asked as you quickly hid the bottle underneath the cloth of your kimono. "He was being a nuisance that's all," you lied as she simply nodded. "Sesshomaru has already left the village and he did not look pleased at all," she muttered before grabbing onto your arm. "Come, it's cold out here and you'll get sick. Let's have breakfast for once together," she said calmly as you nodded and trailed behind her. 

Upon entering the small home you felt a blast of heat hit your face as Kaede had already had a fire going and Rin and Jaken sat huddled around the firepit. Rin stared up curiously at you as Jaken simply muttered lowly under his breath. You sighed quietly as you sat down beside Rin who averted her gaze and stared back down at the fire. "Do you think it'll snow again today?" Rin suddenly asked looking up at Kaede who simply shrugged. "The clouds seem fatter today so maybe," Kaede mumbled as she stirred the large pot of steaming broth. Rin stared up at you, "What do you think (F/N)?" she asked warily as you shrugged and plastered a smile on your face. "I hope it does," you said cheerily as she merely nodded. You scoffed quietly to yourself.

  It's so obvious who's side they're on regardless on whenever they know what truly happened... 

You stared blankly down at the crackling fire until Kaede sudden called your name as you jerked your head up towards her. "Y-Yes?" you stuttered as she held out a wood carved bowl that was filled with broth. You smiled weakly as you took it into your hand and blew softly onto it.

  It's best if they deem me the bad guy, after all, I am trying to take the Tenseiga... I can't afford to be selfish again and choose my own path... If I do there's no telling what'll happen to Rin, regardless the consequences I can't turn a cold shoulder on this..