Hakudoshi

For the remainder of the past few weeks, Kagome and her friends stayed in the village with you. However, their stay quickly ended when rumors spread of a jewel shard located further away from the village. The village soon returned to its quiet state after they left.

 "(F/N)?" Kaede called out to you as you looked up at her. She had asked you to come along with her to pick herbs before sun fall. "Hm?" you replied as you wiped the dirt off your hands. For a couple minutes, no words were exchanged as Kaede stood silently observing the village from the forest.

 "I fear that the path you are taking will endanger not only you but the safety of my village," she said quietly. You stood watching her for several seconds finally taking in her words. "I don't understand," you mumbled as she turned to face you. "I'm asking you to please leave my home. I have never asked anything of you but this one thing, this one thing, I would get down on my knees and beg you... Please leave my home.." she whispered as you dropped her gaze in shame. 

"Where will I go?" you did your best to refrain from crying. She gave a weak shrug. "Where ever you want.. just not here.." she said sternly. Taking in small breaths you nodded, "I understand," you gave a weak smile as she turned away from you.

 "Thank you, Kaede" you whispered as you took heavy steps further and further away from the village. 

"Oh how heartbreaking," a low voice said sarcastically. You looked up towards the trees and spotted a figure hunched down close to the ground. "W-What do you want?" you sputtered as the figure stood. You recognized the small figure as the boy Kagura had previously called Hakudoshi. He sighed as if pained. "Naraku sent me to watch you since Kagura isn't much of an option now," he smirked. "It wasn't a very smart choice, though, I actually have the guts to kill you unlike Kagura, she's so hesitant" he ranted. You frowned finding the child to be quite annoying. "Enough about me, so where's your mutt of a lover?" he cooed.

 "How should I know," you hissed as he chuckled amusedly. 

"Oh, that's right you two had a little of a fallout... Kagura always seems to get in the way of things huh?" he laughed.

 "How desperate you two must be to fall for a dog" he jeered

. "Why do you care?" you snapped as he burst out in laughter.

 "Oh shut up!" he sneered as he caught his breath. You frowned as he walked towards you. "Come along we have to find some shelter before nightfall," he sung as he pushed past you.

                                                                                           ***

Rin sat crouched on the ground staring boredly at Jaken. Sesshomaru has gone off again leaving Jaken and her alone. No questions were brought up when (F/N) hadn't returned. Rin missed (F/N), however, feared the consequences of asking too much. Jaken didn't seem to mind the lack of activity. In fact, he seemed happy that it was quieter now. He often slept leaving Rin alone with her own thoughts.

 "Master Jaken?" Rin called out as Jaken flickered his eyes towards her.

 "What?" he bellowed as Rin poked the leaves on the ground around her.

 "When is (F/N) coming back?" Rin whined as Jaken shook his head vigorously. 

"She will no longer be returning due to all the ruckus and time lost she's cost us," he sneered turning away.

 "Why?" Rin questioned with a small sigh.

 "Because I said so," Jaken answered a matter-of-factly. Rin frowned.