The Lord is my Shepherd

PSALMS CHAPTER 23

Memory Verses

     The Lord  is  my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.
Psalms 23:1‭-‬6 NKJV

God's Word

      Shepherd
              : a person whose job is to take care of sheep

        The Shepherd knows the need of His sheeps. God is our Shepherd and we are His very own sheeps, He will not be lack of anything we need, for He was the One Who supplies all our need.
         The Green Pastures means the place on which the sheep can eat and rest perfectly. It represents the place on which we can talk to God and feel His Presence, and the still waters represents His Word on which we must always be thirst. And by His Holy Presence and Word, we can have His restoration for us.
        And by having His Presence and His Word in ourlives, He will lead us to the path of His righteousness, and in everything that we do, He will remind us that it is always for His Name's sake.
        All of us will come to the point that we shall walk to the valley of shadow of death. It is the point of ourlives where we will almost to give up, but do not fear, just keep walking with His Presence and His Word. Always remember that every race has a finish line. God is with us.
      If ever we turn back from Him, He is able to bring us back by using His rod and staff, although sometimes it is very painful but is for our own benefits. And we shall surely realize that He loves us so much and He doesn't want us to be lost.
      The table that God prepared for us in the presence of our enemies means the things that God will do for us in their presence. People who mock, insult, laugh and hated us will become witness of God's miracles and goodness in ourlives.
       To anoint our head with oil means promotion, He will not let us be the tail but to become the head. Promotion will never be depart from us just like the cup that runs over.
       And for sure we will always experience His goodness and mercy in our daily lives. And to dwell in His house forever is to be faithful on the place where God had planted us. To be in His Great Presence forever.

        Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.  All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.  I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.  The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.  But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them.  The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.  I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own.  As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.  And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.  No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”
John 10:7‭-‬18 NKJV

God's Character

      He is my Shepherd

God's Promises

     He will supply all my needs, direct my path, promotes me, and be followed by His goodness and mercy

Life Application

      I will always give time to seek His Presence and listen from His Word. I will always let Him direct my path and be faithful in the church where He planted me.