When He Has A Nightmare

A/N: This is dedicated to @turtlelizard. It's a little different from what you requested, so I hope you like what I have written!

****

Peter lay in his bed in the early hours of the morning writing fanfiction, in attempt to banish the remnants of the nightmare that had plagued his mind whilst asleep. Now awake, he felt somewhat better but the sounds of your agonised screams still echoed in his ears and no matter how much Taylor Swift he listened, nothing could drown out that bloodcurdling resonate.

His eyes had once more begun to glaze over with tiredness and truthfully, he should have been sleeping but was feeling far too restless, he was desperate to know if his dreams were just anxious thoughts but the idea of sneaking into your room to observe your well being just screamed Edward Cullen and the male did not like the idea of spying on you without your knowing.

Turning off his computer after completing the updated story, he sat there in the darkness, unsure what to do next. He glanced at the digital clock on the nightstand, its red LED lights informing him that it was five in the morning. Would anyone be awake?

Slipping out of bed, Peter pulled on a dressing gown around his pyjama-clad body and exited his bedroom as quietly as possible.

Walking down the dimly-lit hallway, he gazed outside of the window. For a moment, he could not help but admired the weak glow of sunlight creeping out from behind the cloud-filled night sky.

Continuing his short  journey, the male passed various bedrooms. As he considered knocking on Steve's door, the young man was met with a quiet snore. So the star spangled man with a plan was not an option. 

Peter had finally reached your room. He paused outside the door, wondering if he would be able to hear any distress that may be occuring within. However the bedroom door was slightly ajar; the bed was neatly made and was (y/n)-free.

A sudden fear gripped the Avenger. Where were you?

He hastily made his way downstairs, taking extra care not to tread on any of the steps that creaked. He did not want to be responsible for waking Natasha in the middle of her REM sleep.

When he reached the last step, he froze, hearing a noise coming from the kitchen.