"Who, the waiter or Ryan?" He scoffs, standing from the table.

"What about Ryan?" My brother lifts his head, smirking.

"Michael," I sigh, staring at him. He avoids my eyes as he looks to my brother.

"It was nice meeting you, Jesse." He states, throwing down a $100 dollar bill on the table before walking away.

"Michael," I call, going to stand. He continues to walk out the door as my brother grabs my wrist.

"Let him cool off. He obviously likes you, why in the hell would you bring Ryan up?!" He exclaims, holding his hands out.

"I don't know, it was a joke. He knew I was kidding but I didn't think it would upset him that much. I mean, jeez. Obviously I like him." I mumble, folding my arms.

"Oh, so you like him now?" My brother smirks, folding his arms as well.

"I don't know," I sigh, "He's so... complicated."

"Well obviously he's not just Janets brother to you. I mean, James," he smiles, looking around, "I haven't seen you this happy since you and Adam were dating." He shakes his head, recalling the asshole that is Adam, "What a dick anyways. I mean who the hell just-"

"Forget about it," I interrupt, "I try to forget it, you should too." I murmur, leaning against the table.

"Michael isn't Adam, Jamie. Is that it? Is that why you guys aren't dating yet?" He raises his brows.

"I know, but Adam was nice in the beginning" I sigh, avoiding his question, "How do I know Michael won't do the same thing?" I sigh, holding my head in my hands.

"You don't. But let me tell you, I never liked Adam. I always knew there was something off with him." He snarls, tapping his foot against the ground.

"Michael scares me, Jesse," I begin, causing his brows to shoot up. I shake my head, holding out my hand, "Not in that way. He's just so intimidating in the best way. He's rich, he's super nice sometimes, but a complete jackass other times. I don't know. I haven't dated anyone since Adam. Besides, Adam and I only dated in the beginning. After that... it was just two people living in a house." I roll my eyes.

"Adam is an asshole, James. He didn't know how to treat a woman right. Michael obviously has some sort of pull on you. You were just about to go after him. He's doing something to you." He winks, "Besides you never answered my question from before." He smirks.

"I told you I haven't dated anyone since Adam." A smile tugs at my lips.

"You don't have to date to do the nasty." My brother says a bit too loud, causing me to look around.

"We haven't done the nasty." I roll my eyes, knowing it's not a complete lie.

"All I'm saying is that Michael could be the one. I'm not stupid. He's obviously not here on business unless all of his rendezvouses are in the middle of the night." My brother raises a brow, "He probably came to Texas for no reason other than to be with you."

"Michael is here on business, Jess. It was just a coincidence that he had some work to do here as well." I try to convince him.

"Whatever, James," he laughs, "I'll grab yours and Michael's stuff. Go get your man." He winks. We both stand one at a time and Jesse pulls me into a hug.

"I love you." I sniff into his shoulder.

"Stop that, you're gonna make me cry." He says sternly, causing me to giggle.

"I'm sorry. I just miss you and Mum a lot," I sigh, "I hope she gets better."

"She will, James. Don't worry, I'm holding down the fort here." He smiles as we pull away.

"Okay, I'll see you later brother." I smile, grabbing my things.

"You got that right. Coming to the hospital tomorrow?" He asks, sitting back in the booth.

"For sure," I smile, walking away, "See ya!"

*

15 minutes later and I'm standing at Michaels door. I've tried to knock about ten times and nothing. I can't bring myself to do it.

"Get it together." I murmur to myself, knocking on the door, making it creek open a bit. I furrow my brows, pushing it a bit to make sure I'm not seeing things.

"Michael?" I gasp, walking into the dimly lit room. I look around and candles are lit everywhere around the suite. Rose petals coat a path to the master bedroom causing my curiosity to grow. I slip off my shoes and place my things int he corner beside the coat rack. I follow the path into the bedroom where Michael is standing with a rose in his hand.

"Come here baby. I think I owe you an apology." He smiles sexily, reaching is hand out to me as I fold my arms, shaking my head.