Chapter 21

My jaw dropped at the words spilling from Usher Raymond's mouth.

"WHAT?"

"We think you're ready to do an album." He repeated, a smile on his lips.

"Me?"

"Who else?" Scooter laughed. I stared at him, then across at Usher.

"That sound good?"

"Ohmygosh." I realised. I brought a hand up to my mouth in shock. I hadn't expected this at all. I has shrugged the meeting off as just another tour discussion, not a freaking aLBUM PROPOSAL.

Me, little Ri the basketball player from Colorado, with no dad and a famous uncle, was gonna have an album.

Me.

"I think we should take that as a yes." Usher laughed, waking me up a little.

Scooter squeezed my hand. "Told you she'd be ecstatic. You alright there Ri?"

I gazed at him in amazement. "I cant believe this."

"Believe it." He grinned.

"We discussed it," Brad, one of the 'high-up' management guys said to me. "And we want you to start right away."

"Like, even on the tour?" I clarified.

"Yeah."

"I still don't want too much pressure on her though."

I looked at Scooter. "What do you mean?"

"An album is a lot of work." He explained. "You have a lot of stuff going on and i don't want you getting stressed."

"Album opportunities don't get offered to everyone all the time." Brad shrugged. Everyone looked at me.

"It's fine." I said.

I was not gonna put of an album.

No way in hell.

"You think you'll manage?" Scooter asked.

I nodded, a smile forming on my painted lips.

"Remember your other responsibilities though." Usher pointed out. "This doesn't mean you can scarve out of everything to work on the album. Everything will get busier, you realise that?"

"Yeah. I can deal with it." I promised. Management nodded their heads in satisfaction.

"You still need to work your ass off and the tour and finish school while you're at it. They'll still be public events you gotta do and photo shoots etc. And of course there's the new house-"

"The important question is, are you down?" Usher asked, cutting my uncle off. He looked across at me, humorously arching an eyebrow.

The whole management smiled, looking down the table at me.

I looked down at my hand, tapping my painted nails on the wood.

"Hmm." I played, pretending to think about it. I looked up, a smile on my lips. "Of course i'm down." I grinned.

-

As soon as we were out of the meeting room and alone the lift, i let out an excited scream. I jumped up and down, happy dancing next to Scooter.

"IM GONNA HAVE A FREAKING ALBUM. IM GONNA RECORD MY FIRST ALBUM SCOOT. THIS IS HUGE. IM FREAKING OUT, THIS IS FLIPPING HUGE. I NEED TO CALL MOM, OH MY GOD. I cant believe this!!"

Scooter chuckled, pressing the button to close the lift doors. "I knew you'd react like this. I'm proud of you pal, real proud."

"Thank you!" I grinned, leaning against the wall. "Hey why didn't you tell me about this before?!"