Chapter 44

"I must be mental-home crazy." I murmured as we stood alone in ladies restroom.

Justin chuckled. "You are. But you're amazing Ri."

I cracked a small smile, shaking my head as i looked down at his chest. So many thoughts were racing through my mind.

"I've changed." He murmured, as if he knew what i was thinking. I looked up at him. "Please just know I've had a serious reality check after losing you. And I'm gonna be better. I promise you that with everything i have."

I kept quiet.

I looked down again, chewing on my lip a little.

Everyone says the one thing you should NEVER do is take back a cheater.

I even told myself that a few weeks back.

But i couldn't help it.

I wanted this more than anything.

I had cracked.

Justin and i heard voices just outside, sounding like they were approaching the restroom door. I grabbed his hand, tugging him quickly into one of the stalls and shutting the door.

I listened as a few women entered the restroom and went into the stalls either side of us, chatting to each other.

"I still need answers about Shontelle." I whispered.

Justin sighed, leaning his head back against the stall.

"I'm serious. Why were you with her the other night?"

I stared at him, waiting for his eyes to re-make contact with mine. They eventually did.

"Kenny and i went out into Denver the first night i got here. There was this club, and a huge gang of dudes were outside. They noticed me and dragged us in, so Kenny said we could stay for a little while. Shontelle was there and she wouldn't leave me alone. But nothing happened, i promise." He whispered.

"So you posted that specific photo in an attempt to make me jealous?"

Justin raised an eyebrow. "And it obviously worked."

"That's not funny."

Justin chuckled, leaning close to try and kiss me again. I leaned back.

"Honestly though, have you been with anyone since we broke up?"

His eyes drifted away from mine, and he opened his mouth but no sound came out. I raised my eyebrows in shock but then he quietly laughed.

"I'm joking, no." He chuckled. "I haven't."

"Promise?"

"Yeah, i promise." He smiled. He leaned in again to kiss me but i jumped as someone tapped on the stall door.

"You all good in there?" A voice called.

I covered Justin's lips. "Uh, yeah, thanks. Cramps! You know how it is."

There was a titter of agreement from the other women in there. I could feel Jay smirking against my hands.

"Mother nature's a bitch ain't she!" The girl chirped back. There was a moment of silence before she slid an ibuprofen tablet under the door. "Try this! Should help."

"Uh, yeah, thank you! I will!" I called back.

There was a rumble of conversation and then they left the bathroom.