Chapter 40

Please read the authors note at the bottom.

Say hello & tell me your name if you're reading this!:)

Rosie x

---------------------------------

I was pulled away from Scooter by one of the backstage guys, and a group of them began fitting me with all the mikes and shit for the show.

Scooter remained frozen where he was, his mouth slightly hung open as he stared at me in confusion.

He looked like he genuinely had no idea what i was talking about.

He glanced over his shoulder, his eyes locking on something across the room. He began walking in that direction.

I looked away, my eyes fixating on Fredo who positioned himself directly infront of me, his eyebrows raised.

"Ri, Justin's-"

"Here, i know." I finished.

"I tried to find you to tell you but-"

"What is he doing here?!"

Fredo glanced across the room for a few moments before dragging his eyes back to me. "I don't know." He admitted.

I swallowed hard to prevent myself throwing up.

"You're good to go." One of the stage guys smiled at me. He kindly squeezed my shoulder. "Break a leg."

I forced back a sickly smile. "Thanks."

"Come on." Fredo prompted. I unsteadily walked beside him towards the pre-show pow-wow.

"Don't think about him." He said. "Kick ass like you always do out there, and just pretend he's not here. Don't stress."

I didn't respond.

Everyone gathered to listen to Allison, who was beginning to give a pep talk and a little pre-show speech to the whole crew.

I glanced over my shoulder, my eyes clapping sight of Scooter and Justin at the other side of the room, talking to each other.

I glanced at Fredo, who was concentrating on listening to Allison, then i slowly backed away from the group.

My heels patted against the floor as i walked closer and closer to my uncle. I stopped face to face with Justin.

We stared at eachother.

"Ri-" Scooter spoke up.

"It's fine. Can i just have a second?"

He looked worried, but then he nodded. He pushed his hands inside his pockets before taking a few steps away from us to give us a little space.

My heart palpitated inside my chest as i focused my eyes on Justin.

I felt really, incredibly weird.

It was such a strange feeling looking at this person again.

This person that not long ago, meant the absolute world to me.

"..Hi.." Justin's voice finally cracked.

And the person who had also shattered my heart. I still had no idea how he could have just cheated on me like that.

He smiled at me. A sincere, familiar little smile.

I clenched my fists by my sides to remain my composure. "Why are you here?"

"I promised i'd come watch you the first New York show."

I stared at him.

"Yeah, well that was before-"