" I don't know how I found you but can't find my mum": Dylan O'Brien

a/n: this was one I had posted in my Teen Wolf book but I've improved it. enjoy... y/f/n = your friend's name. y/n = your name. For anyone who doesn't know 

Part 1 of the Supermarket Series. 

"y/n! Up. Now" Her mum burst into her room, she had already woken her up once this morning. y/n opened one eye, "we're going shopping. Be ready in 15 minutes."

y/n huffed and pushed the covers off her, "I can be ready in 5 minutes" she mumbled as her mum opened her window and left her room. It didn't take her long to get ready, she didn't wear make-up or have to do much to her hair apart from brush it. Once she was ready, she walked down the stairs to see her mum standing at the front door. 

"That was 10 minutes" Her mum complained, she had been timing her, as she walked to the car she shouted back to y/n, "let's go!"

"I don't want to go to the shops though" it was y/n's time for complaining. 

"Do as your told, you aren't 12 anymore," Her Dad said, she was far from 12 but somehow she still acted like one sometimes. But, she had just woken up and she wasn't a morning person. Not at all. y/n walked out to the car and got into the passenger seat, which, back home, would have been the driver's seat. 

"Aren't you going to have some food before you go?"Her mum questioned, adding, "I'm not having you pass out."

"I'm not hungry" y/n mumbled as her mum pulled out the driveway, "and I'm not going to pass out."

"You will be when you get the shops" her mum huffed, y/n knew she would be hungry when she got to the shop. She was too stubborn to admit it. 

"Not if we go through a drive-thru" y/n argued. 

"No, y/n." her mum said, y/n knew it was a long shot anyway. 

As soon as y/n walked into the shop she could smell the fresh bread and heard her stomach rumble. She still wasn't going to tell he mum that though, she wasn't going to have the classic lecture 'I told you so'. "Can we get these?" y/n asked her mum as they walked through the shop. 

"No, y/n, if you ask that once more" mum warned. y/n rolled her eyes, she knew that they were tight on money, moving to a new country wasn't cheap. No matter how glamorous they said it was in some of the fanfiction y/n had read, and some wrote. 

"Can I go back to the car then?" y/n asked. "I want to charge my phone, y/f/n might call."

"I doubt it, y/n. She'll be in lectures won't she?" y/n's mum looked at her watch. 

"Probably" y/n muttered, she wasn't going to argue anymore. 

"Go look at the CDs, I'll come find you later, we're nearly done anyway," she said, nodding in no particular direction as neither knew where they were in the shop. They were doing a 'big shop', they needed to get stock up. They had been eating takeaways for two days straight, which was also why they were low on money, due to them only just moving in. y/n wasn't sure if she was excited or not. She had left everything and everyone behind. y/n thought America was similar to her previous home, but she wasn't, they do a lot of things differently. Driving was one of them. 

y/n had wandered around the shops twice before finding them, then wondered how she hadn't seen them the first time. It was as if she had stepped into a DVD shop. She was more interested in the DVD's here, she was looking for something in particular. She was never able to get them back home. There was only her and another man standing on the other side of the aisle. y/n noticed he was wearing a grey tip with a maroon beanie. y/n had looked up and down her side of the aisle five times, also glanced at her phone at least ten times that. She was waiting for the man to move, who was still standing in the same place, without looking at the rest of that side of the aisle she already knew the thing she was looking for was right in front of the man. That sort of thing always happened to her.