Rise

*Ethan's POV*

»I've met her one year ago..« he says smiling with the thought of her. God damn we lost him.

Where is the reckless motherfucker that destroyed every little gang and mafia so he would be the biggest one?

Where's the capo who's everybody afraid of? I don't know if he's sick or something but this is not good.. we all know what love can do to people..

She must be someone really really special if she got this man weak because we never got even close to that. Nothing could bring him down or destroy him. That's unbelievable.

And I don't know if I really want to know these things because I feel this weird feeling in my stomach..

»Does she know...« I don't even need to finish my sentence.. he already answers. »No she doesn't.. she loves me without knowing how much money or power I actually have..« he says sitting back down so I sit back down as well.

»She thinks I'm a normal man who has a lot of money and plays golf on the weekends.« I run my hand through my hair. »Won't she get mad when she finds out about this all?« I Ask trying to not go too far or hurt him in any way.

I know that's easy since I've seen how soft he actually is.. I'm a little disappointed. »Do you think she can resist me?« he asks with a smirk. I shake my head and laugh. »Of course not..« and look down..

This is so weird.. he always warned me about love and that I should be careful because woman would be evil and ruin you.. he's been right..

»She said yes and I can't wait.. I don't want to waste too much time..« he says. I take a deep breath and lean back. Somehow I feel like here's no air in this room.

»Honestly I don't know what to say. I don't have the right to interfere in your stuff and I won't.. but what does this all mean for us?« I ask a little worried.

He takes a deep breath as well. »That's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about..« he says and I bite my lower lip.

»I will hold myself back from this business. This is our empire.. our organization and I won't end it...«

I look at the ground again.. when he's talking like this I feel some kind of sadness cracklings up on me which I can't make leave..

»That's why I need someone to keep it going and take over my place.« he says and I look up at him.. I can feel something coming that makes my heart race..

»Ethan.. I want you to take over my place..« he says and my heart stops.. forget about a racing heart or fast breathing. I don't even know what it means to live right now. Did I hear it right?

My hands start shaking. Does he even know what it means to take over his place? Does he even know what it means to be him and do all the things that he did?

»I-.. I can't do that?! I'm too young, I can't keep this going as good as you, I-..« he cuts me off..

»Son you know me.. I'm not stupid. If I wouldn't trust you and know what you are able to do I wouldn't have said that. If I wouldn't know how loyal and strong you are. You're a born leader.« he says and start breathing heavier..

»Eight years ago.. I took you with me because I knew what you were going to be.. I needed someone who would come after me.« he says and my heart makes a flip..

This all is happening so fast I need someone to slow this all down before I miss something.

So he's telling me that he's getting married and can't keep doing this anymore so he'll leave to live anormal life with his new wife that's pretty peaceful and odd and because he can't shut this shit down he wants me to take over his place and although I know that I can do it I'm still afraid of it?! What is this shit?