Courage

*Your POV*

When I open my eyes and see him in front of me I feel like my soul has left my body. Where is it? What even is a soul?

He's laying on his right side and I'm laying on my left, means we would be looking at each other if he wouldn't be sleeping.. is this real?

It's already dark again.. or didn't the sun even rise yet? This is crazy. How can it be dark all the time? Like really all the time? How can someone live in the darkness?

I miss the sunlight.. I miss the day and the warmth of the sun. I miss getting ice cream and taking selfies during the golden hour. I miss getting a tan and laying on the beach..

But when I look at how he's sleeping with his furrowed eyebrows I feel so much more comfortable and welcome in the darkness.

He didn't take off his clothes or his shoes. I guess he fell asleep. I run my hands over my face and realize that I'm not wearing anything else than lingerie..

Why the hell? I pull the blanket up to my chin and think about that happened before I fell asleep.. and then I feel the heat in my cheeks when I remember it..

I look at him.. his hair is messy.. he looks tired and exhausted.. like he didn't sleep at all.. maybe he didn't. I want to wake him before I get more stupid thoughts..

I get one hand out of the blanket.. he's so close.. I touch his arm with one finger.. I can feel his muscles under his jacket.. so hard..

I do it again.. I'm afraid of touching him. It's like he'll wake up all of sudden and scream at me like a lion..

I do it once again and suddenly he opens his eyes and winces. »Fuck..« he says like he had a bad dream.. then he scratches his eyes and looks at me again.. I'm afraid to ask him if he had a bad dream.

He would probably tell me that this is none of my business.. what's true. So I just pull the blanket up to my nose and look at him. He takes a deep breath and although he can barely open his eyes he asks »Do you feel better?«

I think it's kinda cute that he's asking. It's the first thing he's thinking about when he sees me? Damn what am I thinking? That's not cute. That's beyond not normal because he never really cares.

I nod and answer »I'm just a little cold.« he furrows his eyebrows and puts his hand on my forehead. I shiver.. even the smallest touch of his makes me get goosebumps.. »You're warm..« he says and pulls his hand away slowly.

He sits up slowly and yawns. »Put something warm and comfortable on. We don't have much to do tonight.« he says. Thank god. I really need a break and calm down. I need some time to think and get myself back together.

It's the third or fourth night (I lost any sense of time) and we've already been through so much. He wasn't joking when he said that we don't have time to lose. I slowly sit up as well.

My head is aching and I still feel sleepy.. it's crazy how my heartbeat slowed down all of sudden and how my euphoria and energy disappeared all of sudden. Now I only feel exhausted and tired..

He closes one eye and tilts his head a little and says »Wait, don't move.« I do what he says and keep looking at him. He puts his hand on my forehead again but only a little lower. Then he smiles and I can't help but smile as well.

»You look funny without eyebrows.. and stupid when you smile without eyebrows.« I push his hand away and laugh.

I could swear I heard him laughing as well but I'm not sure because he's already standing up.
»Get ready, take a shower or do whatever you want but be ready in a hour. I'll pick you up.« I nod. If we wouldn't do illegal stuff it would sound cute. 'I'll pick you up.'