New Year's [A]

New Year's Eve

I hear knocking and mumble, turning over on the futon. Nope. Nope. I'm not getting up. I pull my fleece blanket over me and curl up against the back of the futon. Cold. And I've got no plans anyways. Might as well sleep.

"Adelaide?"

Sherlock? I thought he got a case and would be out of town?

"Adelaide?!"

I call out, "Come in, Sherlock! I'm fine," The door opens and shuts, then I hear Sherlock walk over to the futon, "I thought you were out on a case."

"I was, but it was ridiculously easy once I got there. So I thought I'd come back and spend tonight with you. S-since John and Mary are spending it with Harry..." Right. The Watson's got back and decided to visit Harry, John's sister.

I open my eyes and sit up, smoothing back my hair as I look up at my boyfriend. He looks lonely again, "I didn't have anything planned for tonight. Since you're back I can spend it with you, though."

His eyes brighten, " Good. I had an idea for the perfect date."

"Oh? And what's that?"

"Just get dressed warmly and come along." I smile and chuckle, untangling myself from the blanket and hurrying to the bedroom. I dress warmly, not daring to get stuck in the cold in the middle of winter, and return. Sherlock's waiting by the door with a smile.

"Help me with my scarf, Darling?"

"Of course, Lovey," I blush and he smirks, quickly tying my scarf like his and then kissing me, "There. Shall we?" I nod and we head out.

We end up stopping at Angelo's  for dinner. It's a quick grab'n'go because then Sherlock whisks me right back outside to where one of Mycroft's sedans is waiting, Okay, Sherlock. Where are we going?"

"If I told you then it wouldn't be a surprise, Lovey," I blush again, getting into the sedan. I end up leaning onto Sherlock because it's already late in the evening and I'm still sleepy. He snakes his arm around me, keeping me in place, and rests his head against mine, "Adelaide, come along."

I snap awake and rush to unbuckle. Sherlock chuckles and gets out of the sedan then helps me out too. I look around and find that we're in some kind of park. It's dark and the stars are out, twinkling along with the many satellites up there, "Where exactly are we?"

"You enjoy fireworks, do you not? From that hill over there we will have a near perfect view of tonight's pyrotechnical show without the raucous noise from the crowds, and still be able to enjoy the stars," He gestures to a rather large hill and then to the starry sky. I grin with excitement and hug him briefly before we get into the trunk, pulling out a few blankets and two baskets. Then we carry them to the top of the hill, which is tolerably steep, and lay them out. I get into the baskets and find a plethora of dessert foods, plus two large thermoses of hot cocoa and even some sparkling grape juice with champagne glasses, "Do you approve?"

I nod, "Yes, Darling! It's wonderful! Thank you!"

"You're welcome, Love."

While we're waiting for the clock to strike twelve and for the fireworks to begin, we binge on the sweets and talk. I tell him what I can about the stars and the solar system- constellations and facts mainly. He listens intently and asks a few questions. Like how stars glow and what they're made of. It's all stuff I just happen to remember but I love sharing it with him anyways.

About eleven thirty he pulls up some music on his mobile and pulls me to my feet, "What are you doing, Sherlock?"

"It's still quite cold out here. We need to warm up. May I have this dance?"

I giggle, "Always, Darling."

And so we dance around the hilltop until two minutes before midnight. Then we sit back down. I cuddle into his chest, his arms locked around my chest, and his head atop mine.  He's like my personal thermal radiator. So warm.  Sherlock quietly holds me in his lap and we say nothing until ten seconds before midnight. Then I countdown and he joins me.

"Three, Two, One-!"

"Happy New Year!"

I turn my head and plant a deep kiss onto his lips. He's caught off guard but quickly responds. Grinning, I ruffle his hair and give him another somewhat sloppy kiss- smacking a bit with the liplock. Then I laugh, "Happy New Year, Darling!"

He chuckles and leans his forehead against mine, "Happy New Year, Love." Then he kisses me softly on the bridge of my nose.

Stay tuned! Thank you for reading!!