Ammo

Sherlock and John had followed Mary until they could figure out where to intercept her. She revealed her true name as being Rosamund Mary, the same as her daughter, and then Ajay struck. Unfortunately the local police swooped down on Hotel Cecil and shot him just after he'd accepted that Mary was not responsible for his torment in Georgia. But they were safe and before they got on the plane to return to London, Sherlock called Adelaide for the first time in two weeks.

"We found Mary. We're safe and on our way back home."

The cheers of relief and joy that had pealed through the phone had lifted his spirits immensely. Sherlock had missed Adelaide dearly and was mutually put at ease when she explained that she and Rosie had been perfectly fine too. He was looking forward to being with her again- and refocusing his efforts on keeping her and everyone else safe.

But until they had pinned exactly who was responsible for everything that had happened to Mary and her team, he knew he wouldn't be able to focus on much of anything else. But now he was quite certain that someone in the Cabinet had pulled the strings to eliminate all but one of the agents. Sherlock would have to work with Mycroft to determine who exactly it was. Based on the codeword that had essentially ended the agents.

Ammo.

He knew it had to be a woman. Ajay and Mary were in agreement that a British woman had given the orders to descend on the embassy. It narrowed it down a bit but he was determined to exercise more caution in this situation than he normally would. Mary was still on the line and thus John and Rosie were also in the balance.

Sherlock had no intention of breaking his promise to the Watsons.

Once John and Mary had safely returned home to Rosie, the consulting detective took the time to open up a conversation with Adelaide while on his way to Mycroft's office.

It was short but potent pick-me-up for Sherlock

It was short but potent pick-me-up for Sherlock. It gave him a much needed boost before meeting his brother and discussing Ammo.

Soon enough they knew who Ammo  was. The Cabinet PA.

Vivian Norbury had been in charge of the team. She had relayed messages and such to them and had ultimately gotten tired of being the devalued go-between. She'd given the orders and arranged for the A.G.R.A. team to be terminated along with everyone else in the Embassy.

Sherlock went with Mycroft and informed Lestrade. He also texted the Watsons and Mary headed out first, leaving John to procure a sitter for Rosie. They got to the London Aquarium and by that time the facilities were closed, which made for an eerily silent trek to confront Miss Norbury. Sherlock found her, finally, in the Sharks exhibit. Sitting calmly on a bench.

"Your office said I'd find you here." He spoke.

"This was always my favorite spot for agents to meet," She replied, not turning around to look at him, "We're like them. Ghostly. Living in the shadows."

"Predatory." Sherlock countered.

"Well, it depends which side you're on."

Thank you for reading! Love you guys!! Also, I recommend checking out the Sherlock fanfic Code Name: Chaos by mmkn2005! I love her idea and the OCs she created are great!