Chapter 26: Kill the Facade

POV: Y/n (Kakoshi)

"Uggggh, my head." I said rubbing the back of my neck and head, "I feel like I got run over by a dam'd Tyrant. Now, where the 'ell am I?" "An unknown island, far away from the Capital." Chronos said turning on a light. I looked around the small cell I was in, there was the chair I was chained to, a door made of bars, and my weapons were outside the cell, on the wall, and it looked like I would be unable to reach any of them. "I'm guessin' ya know how my powers work so ya've done somethin' to nullify 'em." I said looking at my captor, who was shrouded in a shadow. "I wouldn't say nullify, only counter." Chronos stated looking at me slightly emerging from the shadows, all I could see was that his eyes were a faded blue, "These bars are made from Tungsten, a metal leagues stronger than anything you have or will ever come across." "What do ya mean by that?" I asked. "My accomplice, Rocca, and I aren't from here." Chronos said as I looked in awe, "We are from a different world, a different time, we don't have these teigu, I believe is what you people call them. Instead we have science, Rocca and I, were known for our scientific advancements." "Why are ya telling me this?" I asked as Chronos got up and turned his back to me. "Y/n," Chronos started, placing his hands behind his back, "you're a fan of mysteries, and I share that affection, so I figured you won't want me to tell you everything. Am I correct in this assumption?" "Yeah, I'm a fan'a mysteries." I answered questioning my captors motives.

"Well," Chronos continued, "I won't tell you anything about our goals, but I feel it would be fair to at least tell you about our powers, but first, a question. What do you know of life?" "I know it is very complex," I started, "But not much more, I've heard there can be some incredibly small." "Well," Chronos started, taking my knife from my belt, "There were some microscopic organisms in our world, and three of them had a side effect." Chronos then started scratching into the wall. "You see, Rocca, a colleague of ours, and I had a theory. We had already discovered and perfected dimensional transportation. Our ambition, was to create time travel, a myth to us. It was a bold question. And it was one which has always been considered a mystery. Yet think of how many things we are on the edge of discovering. If only cowardice or carelessness didn't keep back our questions. We had EVERYTHING planned, every minute detail." Chronos exhaled deeply stepping back from the wall, revealing a face scratched into it. "Who's that?" I asked. "You'll understand in time." Chronos said placing my knife back on my belt, "but as I was saying earlier, mistakes ALWAYS happen. We had devised each of us having one of three tasks, Rocca was to go towards the Earth's core to use geothermal power, our companion was doing electrical maintenance and working the control panel to ensure our mission was a success, and I was in the machine fixing it's mechanical issues."

"What went wrong?" I asked. "Just let me finish." Chronos said slightly raising his voice, "We were performing our task in the summer, and a thunderstorm appeared from nowhere, and lightning struck the machine, causing a break in it's receiver, I was about to go fix the issue, but Ricky, our companion stopped me. He told me that it was his job to fix the electrical problems. Think of it like a story, the brave hero decides to give the life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero never gets to see that happy ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith. Ain't that a bitch? Well is it?"

I sat there and thought about what Chronos had said. "So ya lost yer friend," I started, looking at the scratching on the wall, "an' that's him ya scratched into the wall." "Yes." Chronos replied, "but his loss came with a great side effect, Rocca and I had gained powers far beyond that of what you can comprehend! With my powers, time slowed to a crawl as the explosion killed Ricky. I tried to save him, but, when I got to him, the electricity had turned him into a complete power source, and he disintegrated in my arms. I still see him look at me, not with fear, but of acceptance. It still scares me to this day. And Rocca, well, I'm not not sure about him, he got gravitational manipulation." I stared at him and the drawing feeling the sadness emmite from him. "I'm sorry y'all went through that pardner." I said as Chronos snapped his fingers and my chains fell off, revealing a strange band on my wrist. "I've freed you from your chains, if you can get out of your cell, and this building, I will gladly take you back to base." Chronos said crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. "Mimic; Elemental Heart!" I shouted using lightning to try and travel back to base.

Instead, I found myself in the same place. "Like the bracelets?" Chronos asked jokingly, "They're made of rubber, a really good insulator. You won't be able to teleport out of here, even then, tungsten is a good conductor." I then decided to burst into flames and melt the bars. "Tsk, tsk, tsk, tungsten has the highest melting point of any metal." Chronos stated, "you won't get anywhere with that." I then tried to use stone to push the bars apart. It didn't work, the bars bent slightly, but that was it. "Smart," Chronos said, "but not smart enough." "Mimic; Gaia Foundation!" I cried, transforming into an insect. I then traveled to the bars to walk through the gap, but the heat was ungodly and I had to retreat. I then had an idea, Mimic; Cross Tails I thought creating a string and sending it towards the key that I saw near my belongings. Perfect. I thought grabbing the keys and sliding it back toward me. When it got into my cell I grabbed it and slipped the key in the lock, Chronos saw me do this and started clapping. "Bravo, detective, bravo." He said as I left the cell, "but that was the first challenge, you not have to fight."

As Chronos said that he charged at me faster than I could process what happened and knocked me on the ground. When I got up I was able to get a grip on my weapons belt hanging next to the keys. I drew my katana to fight back I got a good swing but my blade started to rust ever so slightly. "Sorry detective," Chronos said moving his finger from my blade, "but I'm far stronger than you think I am." I sheathed my katana knowing that fighting with it would do me no good. Mimic; Elemental Heart. I thought turning my hands to stone blades to fight him. Every punch I threw was dodged as if he saw it coming from a mile away.

"You'll need to do better than that detective." Chronos said punching me. "I can do this all day." I said turning the stones on my wrist into a shield to defend myself. "That may be true, detective," Chronos said snapping his finger having time slow down, "but I have time to kill. I doubt you have all the time in the universe." Chronos then ran at me, knocking back my shield and landing what felt like a million hits on my chest. After that I stumbled to the ground, wanting to keep fighting, but failing. I then decided to bust into the brightness flames I could, blinding Chronos temporarily. I then covered him in stone to keep him down while I made my escape.

When I reached the outside world, I realized I had no idea where in the world I was. After looking around for a solid minute, I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I drew my katana to defend myself, waiting to see who was behind me when suddenly Chronos started punching me and actually cut himself on my katana ever so slightly. "Well done, detective." Chronos said shaking his minor cut, "but this is far from over. I do intend on keeping my promise, but not until I beat the life out of you!" Chronos then started walking towards me, not moving, but I kept getting punched, I don't know where the blows were coming from, but they seemed to come from Chronos. Wait a second. I thought, Chronos said he had time slow down when he was unlockin' his powers. What if this bast'rd's got temporal dilation powers. After that, everything made sense, why he could avoid every attack without problems. "Were you not paying attention to my monologue?" Chronos asked, "I'm smart enough to know that giving a monologue is cliche and mute, but I do like a challenge." Then next thing I know, I'm blacking out from a blow to the back of the head.

POV: Sheele

I was outside the base getting some fresh air, hoping Y/n would be back safe. Tatsumi had mentioned that someone grabbed him and disappeared just as fast as they arrived. As my head fell down I heard steps coming from behind me. "Miss Sheele, are you alright?" Green asked sitting next to me. "I know Y/n has been gone for a few days, but won't stop finding him." "Thanks," I said rubbing my eyes, "I know he'll be fine. I honestly expect him to arrive soon."

As I said that Green got up and guarded me. "Miss Sheele, someone's coming this way!" he said drawing his whip. "What do you mean?" I asked standing up and grabbing Extase. Suddenly a man came dashing in shoving someone's face into the ground as he ran. I could tell the guy on the ground had a brown coat, the guy who ran in was wearing strange clothes. "See detective," the strange man said smashing the other guys face in the ground, "I told you that I would keep my promise." The strange man then disappeared just as fast as he arrived.

POV: Y/n (Kakoshi)

"Uuuugggggghhhh." I said rubbing my head as I got up. I then saw Sheele and Green standing there. "Bar Green, and I'd'a thought I was in Heaven." Sheele then ran up and hugged me. "Don't do that again." She said as we fell on the ground. "Y/n," Green said helping us up, "We should head back and give a report, the Boss will want to know what happened, the same with everyone else." "Then let's get movin'. Been while since I was home." I said as the three of us walked into base.