Chapter 21: Killing Sorrows

POV: Y/n (Kakoshi)

Tatsumi, Leone and I were training in the wilds against some Danger Beasts, they were mostly Dinosaur-esk. We all used our teigus to make short work of the danger beasts. Tatsumi was able to cut a few in half using Incursio’s spear, Neuntote. “Since when could Tatsumi do that?” Leone asked me. “The ‘ell should I know?” I asked, “I’ll start lookin’ fer the leader-a the pack.” As I said that I ran up the side of the valley, and looked around. I then saw another dinosaur-esk danger beast, but this one was different, It had a shiny gem on its head and was far larger than the other danger beasts we fought. “Found ‘im!” I said running in towards it to fight.

I ran in trying to slash the beast, however, in an attempt to counter, it spit an acid-like substance at me, I dodged it and noticed that it corroded the cliff face behind me. “Well, ‘at’s a trump card alright.” I said, looking back at the beast. It then charged at my, swinging into the ground and leaving three slash marks in the ground. “Alright, let’s end this ‘ere an’ now!” I said shooting the beast in the head, just below the gem. “Y/n!” Tatsumi shouted as he and Leone ran up to me. “Are you alright?” Leone asked seeing the damage around me. “Yep,” I answered, “Let’s get the beast home an’ eat ‘im.”

The three of us then returned to base with our prey in tow. When we got there Chelsea did seem somewhat impressed. “How are they, Chelsea,” Boss started, “after watching Night Raid for a month.” “They’re strong…” Chelsea started, “You’re stronger than the last team I was in.” “ALL RIGHT!” Mine shouted, “SHE ADMITS IT!!” “But…” Chelsea continued, “it’s not like all you need is strength to survive. I’ve read up on your old written reports, but… Bulat, was killed in battle, and Sheele, was almost killed in battle, as people, they seem to be favorable, but as killers, they are failures.” When she said that, she struck a nerve, not just with Tatsumi and Mine, but in me as well. “WHA!” Mine shouted. “Mimic; Elemental Heart!” I said rearing my left fist turning it into stone. “Y/n,” Sheele said leaving the base, “let it go, it’s alright.” “Fine.” I said deactivating my powers.

“And my point is proven,” Chelsea said heading in the base, “you need to do something about how soft you all are, or else, from here on, it might not be enough no matter how many lives you have.” Mine clenched her fist, “Everything she does,” She said gritting her teeth, “Really pisses me off…” “She does that to all’a us.” I said hugging Sheele. “As always, she’s so blunt.” Boss said shaking her head. “Well, for now,” Susanoo started, “Let’s cook the beasts we hunted, we won’t leave any untouched.” “First off,” Akame started, “we’ll fill our stomachs.” “You two sure move at your own pace.” Mine said looking at the two. I then walked to the beast leader I killed and removed the gem form it’s head. “I’m goin’ fer a walk.” I said walking away, “I’ll be back ‘fore dinner.”

As I neared my destination, I felt the power of other teigus, Hecatonchires, Rubicante, and Yatsufusa. Mimic; Incursio I thought as I walked up using it’s stealth to hide in the woods to watch my friends and former allies. “So you said this is where the recruits are?” Bols asked as they neared our destination. “Yes, they will be here.” Seryu said.

POV: Seryu

I felt something as Bols, Kurome, Koro and I neared our destination, it felt familiar, but I couldn’t make out if it was a friend or a foe, that made me nervous. “Seryu,” Bols started, “Are you okay?” “Yes, I’m fine,” I said, thinking of an excuse, “just nerves.” “Alright then.” Bols responded, “You feel that?” “Yeah” Kurome and I said. “Bols, Kurome,” I started, “Find out what that is, I’ll protect the recruits.” As I neared the recruits, I found what I was feeling. Night Raid’s unknown, Blondie. “You will not hurt the recruits!” I shouted firing at him. “I don’t intend to.” He said in a low voice, blocking my shots. I then kicked him into a wall, which destroyed it, revealing the recruits behind him. “I’m sorry,” Bols said aiming Rubicante at Blondie and the recruits, “But this is my mission.” “NOOO!!!!” I shouted as Bols fired upon Blondie. “Mimic; Elemental Heart.” I heard Blondie say, when I saw him take the fire head on, but a sphere of stone appeared around the recruits.