Chapter 19: Kill the Changes

POV: Y/n (Kakoshi)

After the girls changed into their clothes, we left off on the Air Manta to head to a new base. “WOAAH AWESOME!! THIS FEELS GREAT!!” Tatsumi shouted. “AHAHA, you’re so pure that it’s hard to think you’re a killer, Tatsumi.” A ginger girl with red eyes, eating a sucker, and a pair of headphones with a ribbon over the left earpiece started, “You’re an interesting guy.” “This is more fun than I thought.” Leone said. “It’s good!” Akame added. I could see that Mine and Lubbock weren’t feeling good “It’s not good!” Mine shouted. “Y’all ‘fraid of heights?” I joked. “NO!” Mine and Lubbock shouted as Mine slapped me and I stumbled off the Manta. “Mine, what did you do?” Sheele asked with a dark aura. “Kakoshi should be fine, shall I get him?” Susanoo said, “Did y’all ferget I could fly?” I said with Mastema’s wings on my back. “N-n-no, I knew you could do that.” Mine said. “Really, didn’t think I’ve used this Teigu in front of y’all.” I said landing on the Manta as Sheele ran up and hugged me. “I thought you were gone again!” Sheele said with a tear forming in her eyes. “Ya think I’d leave ya, that’s absurd.” I said kissing her.

“Kakoshi, I have a question.” Susanoo said. “What is it, ol’ friend?” I asked walking towards him. “H-h-how are you walking in this wind?” Lubbock asked “I dunno, ain’t that strong.” I said as I deactivated Mastema’s powers, having my coat flow effortlessly in the wind asif it were a cape. “Anyway Kakoshi, as you know my master is Lady Najeda, however, where is your master?” Susanoo asked. “Welp, ya ‘member when I told ya that my trump card is to fuse with my wielder and follow his last order until completion or destruction. Welp, his last order ‘fore fusion was to be a free human, an’ since I was shot in the head, specifically the tempor’l lobe, my mem’ries were altered, an’ Y/n, my master,his mem’ries filled my gaps, so ‘fore meetin’ Night Raid, I thought I was a widower an’ lost my childr’n.” I said as tears formed in my eyes. “So, why do they still call you Y/n if your name’s Kakoshi?” the ginger asked. “Now’s not the time.” Boss said. “Ma’am, I’ll answer, I don’t mind, she’ll need to know at some point now ‘at Susanoo’s with us. Basically when I joined Night Raid, I thought I was Y/n, a few weeks later when my memr’y came back fully, after trying Spectator, Headhunter Zank’s teigu, I ‘membered that my name was Kakoshi, I told ‘em that they could use whatever felt natural to ‘em, fer most of ‘em Y/n was natural, and to Susanoo, it’s natural fer ‘im to call me Kakoshi, I do ask that if I’m wearin’ armor to call me Kakoshi or Blondie, that way they have no clue who I am. Dr. Stylish an’ if he were still ‘live, my name’d be plastered on the wall a’ every buildin’ in the Capital.” I said “Makes sense.” the ginger said.

When daylight struck, we landed at an unexplored region 800 kilometers southeast of the Capital, “Because it’s unexplored, this is the perfect hideout. Currently, in order to find us a fitting place for a new base, the Revolutionary Army’s Reconnaissance team is searching around the Capitol. Until then, we’re going to level up here.” Boss said. “Ma’am, wouldn’t it be safer to have an HQ ‘ere, albeit’s far ‘way, but who’d think to check ‘ere fer a group of Assassin’s.” “You have a point Y/n, we’ll see about permanently staying here.” Boss responded as the Air Manta flew off. “H...huh? It left, is that okay? We left the gathered teigus on it.” Mine said looking at the Manta. “Since it’s a valuable vehicle, we can’t be monopolizing it.” Boss responded. “It probably departed for the Revolutionary Army’s headquarters, where it’s nest is. It also becomes an automatic delivery that way. Mine, you don’t even know that? Ahaha.” The ginger said as Mine clenched her fist. “Ah…! Couldn’t we ride one of those and rush into the Capital’s Palace that way?” Tatsumi asked, “Impossible. The airspace above the palace has danger beasts that have been tamed with teigu.” Akame said. “Their defenses at least are completely impassable, aren’t they.” Tatsumi said. “Even if we could strike from ‘bove, we ain’t ready, we barely killed Stylish, an’ they have a full team of Teigu users, we don’t stand a chance.” I said looking at the ground. “Well, I’ve arranged it so our ride home will come once the heat’s died down in the Capital. So relax. Now, once again, I’ll introduce the new members. First up is… Huh?” Boss said pointing to where the ginger was. Turns out she was messing with Akame’s hair. “Akame-chan, you’re really cute when I take a look up close.” the ginger said. “What’re you doing out of nowhere?” “I’m Chelsea. Let’s all be friends, as fellow killers. Here I’ll give you this.” Chelsea said handing Akame a sucker. “Haha, guess that’s the way to ‘er heart.” I said laughing. “And I didn’t think the elusive Blondie was so… scruffy.” Chelsea said feeling my beard, that had been growing out for months now. “What the ‘ell are ya doin?” I asked grabbing her wrist. “It’s softer than I thought.” She said blushing as Sheele looked pissed.

“But Chelsea… like, she doesn’t look like any more of a killer Mine and the others…” Tatsumi said. “Don’t judge based on looks. She’s a person  of remarkable talent who’s gotten as many jobs done as Akame has.” Boss said as Tatsumi grew a shocked expression. “And this is my new teigu which I received from the Revolutionary Army as a loan, Speed of Lightning, Susanoo. Since he’s an organism-type that moves on his own, there’s little burden on the user… even the current me can use him.” “Ma’am,” I started, “Ya make it seem as if ya ain’t strong.” She just looked back at me.

Tatsumi then started to approach Susanoo, trying to shake his hand. “It’s nice to meet you, formally.” Tastumi said. Susanoo then went an fixed Tatsumi’s shirt, which was slightly untucked. “Susanoo,” I started, “Ya’ve still gotta be a neat freak.” “But he’s a teigu.” Mine said, “What, ya think we’d be made overpowered?” I asked. “But..” Leone started, “More importantly, what’s his ability. Is it that he’s strong in hand-to-hand combat?” “Fufu…” The Boss laughed, “fu fu fu fu fu … then let me show you. Prepare to be astonished… do it, Susanoo!!” “Understood.” Susanoo said as he started building a house and doing household chores. “Well.” Lubbock started, “It’s pretty amazing, but… what is this?” “It looks like it’s doing household chores, but-” “That’s right!!!” Boss answered. “Susanoo is originally a teigu created for escorting important people!! Along with his battle ability, he’s fully-equipped with the skill to do various household chores so he can be of use around the clock!! Cleaning, laundry, whatever it may be!! The repertoire of food he can cook numbers in the tens of thousands!!”

“THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BATTLE!!!” Mine shouted. “Ya know, Susanoo’s not meant for offense, I was, I am the basis fer Susanoo.” I said. “This is incredibly useful!!” The boss said. “And of course, he has a trump card for battle as well.” Well, I thought, The new girl seems reliable. Teamwork’ll be an issue though. As I thought to myself I saw Lubbock and Susanoo talking, and Chelsea was taunting Mine. “How do you think the new recruits will do sweety.” Sheele said hugging me. “Honestly,” I started, “I think we’re screwed. Susanoo’s fine offensively, however, I ain’t sure ‘bout this Chelsea girl yet.”

A few hours later, everyone was seated at a table when Tatsumi spoke up. “I wonder if things are all right in the Capital…” Tatsumi started, “we can’t do anything for a while, but… it seems that the Jaegers is suppressing crime. With this, the villains won’t be able to move as much as they’re accustomed to.” “That’s right.” The boss started, “Let’s take this chance to train. We can’t assume that we’ll get any more reinforcements. Think of this as the last group of people with talent in Night Raid. let’s all complete missions, live on, and welcome the day of revolution!”