Chapter 24: Kill the Reunion

POV: Y/n(Kakoshi)

As Akame and I were walking through Toushi Town, as per Akame’s request, when I stopped at a bar for info. “I’m lookin’ fer some folks with my pardner ‘ere.” I said to the barkeep. “I’ll answer if you order something.” He replied, cleaning a glass. “Get me a whisk’y.” I said throwing a coin down, “Now, the folk we’re lookin’ fer, their names’re Tsukushi an’ Green, ring any bells?” “Yeah, the names are familiar.” The barman said handing me my drink, “I think they’re in the woods. Good luck.” “Thank ya.” I said leaving the bar with Akame, who was wearing a hooded cloak to conceal her identity.

“That was too simple.” Akame said, as we walked through the woods. “Yeah, a trap may be set I doubt those two will be that easy to find,” I said, sensing people, “I’m pickin’ up two auras, lets split up.” “Okay.” Akame said heading towards one. Let’s see who we ‘ave up ‘ere. I thought walking through the woods, seeing something glimmer on the ground. What’do we ‘ave here, looks like a coin. Just then I felt something near my neck.

“OH NO YA DON’T!” I shouted, grabbing the cord trying to go around my neck and pulling it onto the ground in front of me. On the ground I saw an aged black haired man with a scruffy black beard, green eyes and glasses. He wore a green coat with a popped collar and wielded a whip-like weapon. “Who the ‘ell are ya?” I said with my knife, which I made from the land tiger blade at his throat. “I’ll never tell you!” he said not fearing death, but instead, without moving, had his whip grabbing my hand, tossing me away and dropping my knife. “How the hell’d ya do that?” I asked drawing my katana. “You’ll find out in the grave!” My opponent said as I charged at him. “That won’t work.” He said using his whip to hold onto my knife.

The blades clashed as neither of us made advancements towards the other, after a few moments, I made an opening by flicking my katana to the left and charged in to stab him. “STOP!!!!” I heard Akame shout, and instinctively, I stopped, my blade a few centimeters from his chest, but so did my opponent, with my knife almost on my throat. “Akame?” He said looking in his direction to see Akame and some brunette with brown eyes. “Hey Akame, ya know this man?” I asked as my opponent glared at me. “Akame,” My opponent said, having my knife rest on my throat, “How do you know this scum. “Green,” Akame started, “He’s my partner, a member of Night Raid.” “So the rumors were true,” the brunette said hugging Akame. “Akame why?” Green asked walking towards the duo, “Why did you join the enemy?” “Because I was shown how corrupt the Empire truly was,” Akame said “and Y/n here can prove it to you.” "H-how so?” the girl asked.

“I came from a small vill’ge called Yarlford, where my master an’ I were inquisitors for the Empire.” I started, “One day we lef’ with Stiker, a fellow Teigu user, to apprehend a criminal throughout the area, an’ when we returned, our vill’ge slaughtered, my master’s children, dead, wife died in his arms. Stiker’s fam’ly was also found dead. My master an’ I ran after the killer, we tracked ‘im down, but t’was an ambush, my master died an’ fused with me so I could hunt ‘im down. I found the man I was after, he was being protected by the Empire. After I killed that man, I joined Night Raid because I was homeless.” “Wait you were a slave?” Tsukushi asked. “No, I’m a teigu.” I started, “It’s a long story.”

After explaining my backstory, our two acquaintances looked in understanding. “So you’re a teigu?” Tsukushi said, “That’s amazing!” “It is strange to say the least.” Green said, “But why are you two here?” “Y/n here used a revolver.” Akame started, “and we were going to see if he could use Prometheus.” I could see the two look at each other in a form of discussion. “I don’t see a problem with Y/n using Prometheus,” Tsukushi started, “I busted my fingers a few months ago, and haven’t been able to move my fingers for a while so using Prometheus is pointless.” “Wow! Thank ya!” I said as she handed me Prometheus, “Say, Y/n” Green started, “what are the odds of some former Imperial assassins getting into Night Raid?”