Chapter 11: Kill the Introductions

POV: Sheele

I was sitting in the conference hall with Akame and Mine, waiting on Tatsumi, Lubbock, Leone and Y/n to return, when Lubbock and Leone came running in, “Guys, I….” Lubbock started out of breath, “Might have made a … mistake.” “What did you do this time?” Mine asked, “Tatsumi might have been taken by Esdeath.” Leone said, “Tatsumi was carried off by Esdeath?!” Akame said slamming her hands to the table. “Did she realize he is a member of Night Raid?!” “We didn’t really feel any animosity or bloodthirst though…” Lubbock said, “I don’t really know, but I don’t think it’s likely, she didn’t take Y/n at first, she really ignored him entirely.” “W-w-why would Y/n go with Esdeath,” I started feeling a pain in my heart, “if she just ignored him?” “My guess,” Leone started, “Is that Y/n was going to get some inside information about the Jaegers. But the only way to know for sure would be to go to the palace and see for ourselves. What should we do Acting Boss?” Akame just stood there quietly, I could tell she was distraught, “Don’t say something stupid like, ‘let’s go off and rescue him’ Akame.” Mine said, “You realize the palace is filled with traps and soldiers, right? Even breaking in there at the best of times would be an impossible task! And to top it off, the Jaegers may not know that Tatsumi and Y/n haven’t had their identities discovered in the first place.” “For the time being,” Akame said, “we should move our base further into the mountains.” “Yeah that’s true,” Lubbock said, “This place may be discovered. So… what do we plan to do about Tatsumi and y/n…? Even though rescuing him may be impossible…” “I know,” Akame said cutting him off, “that we lack the means to rush in headlong after them… however! Tatsumi and Y/n are our important comrades! So we will do whatever we can for them!!”

POV: Y/n (Kakoshi)

“And so,” Esdeath said pointing to me and Tatsumi, “These are the newest additions to the Jaegers, Tatsumi and Y/n.” “Howdy.” I said waving to the six people in the room, one of whom being Seryu Ubiquitous. “So you dragged in two members of the populace,” The largest man on the Jaegers said, “Just like that?” “Well sir,” I started, “I mean no offense, but I ain’t regular civilian of the Empire,” I then pointed at him, “I can tell that yer the senior officer, specifically from the Incineration Squad, yer married with a daughter, whom ya love greatly. The young lady to yer right,” I said pointing to a young girl in black, who seemed to be a little younger than Tatsumi, “What about me?” She asked, “Well, Ma’am,” I started, “Yer left handed, ya’ve been an assassin for most of yer life. The blonde man used to be a teacher, but yer class was slaughtered, and you have no clue who the culprit is.” As I said that he looked shocked, “The gentleman with blue hair, is a former naval officer, ya came from the country seekin’ to make it in the military, and ya see yerself as the ‘normal’ one.” “H-how?” The blue haired man asked, “You’ve made your point, Y/n” the largest man said, “I’m sorry to doubt you.” “It’s fine pardner.” I responded.

“And Tatsumi here,” Esdeath said with her face glowing, “Will no longer have to live in poverty. And he isn’t just an extra man for our group either… I felt it. Tatsumi is the one who will become my partner in love.” “So why does he have a collar around his neck, then?” the blue haired man asked. “Because he’s my lover, of course.” Esdeath said, “and I want him to stand out.” “Well,” The blonde said, “if you want him to be your official lover, and not your pet, shouldn’t you remove it in order for there to be a difference?” General Esdeath pondered that idea for a moment, “HMMM,” She said, “that’s certainly true… I’ll remove it. By the way. Are any of you married or have any lovers?” Just then the large man and I raised our hand, “Bols,” Seryu started, “is that true?” “Yes…” He said placing his palms on his chin, “I’ve been married for six years now! I really don’t deserve someone as wonderful as that though!!” “And you Y/n?” Esdeath asked, “Well,” I responded, “I was married fer ten years, but she was killed along with my children a few months back along with the rest of my village.” “Umm.” Tatsumi started, “I’m really happy that you’ve taken a liking to me and all, but… I’m not really all that interested in working for the imperial court, so…” “Fufu.” Esdeath laughed interrupting Tatsumi, “It will likely take a bit of training to get you to be obedient, hmmm.” “Please listen to what’s being said to you!!” Tatsumi shouted. “Tatsumi,” I said placing my hand on his shoulder, “Calm down, I’m ‘ere to help ya.” “Now, now everyone,” Seryu started, “He’s just confused, it’s a lot to take in all at once.”