Chapter 25: Kill the Adjustments

POV: Y/n (Kakoshi)

We arrived at a point 15 kilometers northeast of the Capital via Air Manta. “So this’ll be our new base.” I said looking at the building the mountain. “You know,” Tatsumi started, “it really doesn’t feel like a new hideout.” “When you keep escape options and base of discovery in mind,” Akame started, “it naturally ends up similar to the old one.” “It’s nice that we have a hot spring again.” Mine said cheerfully. “After we’re done, let’s have some drinks there.” Leone said. “Sounds good.” Chelsea agreed, as Tatsumi held his hair, obviously stressed. “Is something wrong Tatsumi?” Tsukushi asked.

“Najeda,” Lubbock said running in, I’ve finished laying down a barrier around the base.” “Good.” Boss responded as Susanoo returned with a shovel. “I’ve also finished digging a hole for emergency escape.” Susanoo said. “Oh,” Boss said, somewhat startled, “That was fast. As expected of you Susanoo. With this, our base is fully operational.” I could see Lubbock get i Susanoo’s face. “DON’T THINK YOU’VE WON WITH THIS!” Lubbock shouted. “What are you talking about?” Susanoo asked. “Lubba,” I said walking over and patting his back, “Can it, yer soundin’ like a spoiled kid.” “So this will be our new home.” Sheele said hugging me. “Yeah,” I said embracing her, “best get used to it.”

Well all gathered in the debriefing room to get our new mission. “Now that we’ve returned, without delay,” Boss started, smoking a cigarette, “The targets this time are the aforementioned new species of Danger Beast. There have been many cases of them mobilizing in groups, and despite it being rudimentary, they display signs of intelligence. Individually they have strong physical ability, and even martial arts masters have challenged them to test their abilities and lost. Even now they lurk in mines and woods to the south of the Capital. They greedily feed upon people and livestock. The Jagers and Imperial Army exterminate them daily, but it seems they’re numerous and there are still many left.” “If the Empire’s having difficulty with them,” Mine started, holding her chin, “then it doesn’t seem to be a trap.” “If I may intrude,” Green started, pushing up his glasses, “these danger beasts have been manufactured, however, we were under the assumption that Night Raid was responsible.”

“You might call it helping the Empire,” Boss started, setting down her cigarette, “but… that’s fine, right?” “Of course!” Tatsumi said, pumping his fist in the air, “It’s just circumstantial this time!” “As far as we’ve heard,” Akame started, “they need to be promptly exterminated.” “I would like a better look at the insides of one of these danger beasts.” Green said looking at me. “I’ll help ya with that.” I responded. “I wouldn’t want to run into any soldiers thought.” Leone said as the boss looked at her. “We are Night Raid.” Boss said, “We can just move at night, when the Empire is resting.” “Hmmm,” Chelsea said leaning on the door, “we’re going to go beast hunting, accepting such a risk… it’s fine if we leave it to the Jagers. Like I said, you’re all soft.” “We understand what you want to say.” Tatsumi started, catching Chelsea off guard. “...But even now, these guys might be attacking someone. We might be killers, but we’re allies of the people. Even if it’s to save one more person, we want to speed up the extermination!” “Well,” Chelsea said shrugging, “I thought you would say that. I get it, I get it.” “Ta…” Susanoo started, “Tatsumi, I have something I need to tell you.” “Suu?” Tatsumi asked. “The zipper on your pants is undone.” Susanoo started intently, “It bothers me, so close it.” “AH!” Tatsumi cried, zipping up his pants. “AFTER BEING ABLE TO NAIL THAT SPEECH,” Leone started, “HOW UNCOOL!!” “I have to agree,” Green started, “that was a good speech. Very inspirational.” “HEY, HEY,” Lubbock started, “HOW DO YOU FEEL? HOW DO YOU FEEL?” “That’s what you get for trying to be cool!” Mine said looking away. Tsukushi just giggled. “SH… SHUT UP!!!” Tatsumi cried covering his groin.