Chapter 5: Training Day

POV: Y/n (Kakoshi)

As I left the kitchen setting the groups breakfast I met Lubbock and Mine at the table, they both looked incredibly tired. “I’m guessin’ y’all couldn’t get any sleep.” I said looking at the duo. “You fucker!” Lubbock said “What?” I asked. “I was supposed to be the first one to get laid!” Lubbock shouted trying to attack me. “Look Lubbock,” I started, “I never was informed of that information, and I never planned on hooking up with Sheele until last night, literally as she got in my bed.” “WAIT A SECOND,” Mine shouted, “THAT WAS YOU AND SHEELE, BY GOD I NEED TO CLEAN MY EARS AND MAYBE MY BRAIN!!!!!” “Y/n, I hope last night doesn’t become a habit.” the boss said entering the room. “You may need not need sleep, but other members of Night Raid do.” “Sorry ma’am,” I started handing her her food, “it shouldn’t happen again.” “Hey there tiger, heard bout what happened last night.” Leone said coming into the room patting me on the shoulder. “By God who didn’t hear about last night?!” I said.  “By the way Najeda,” Lubbock started, “Was it smart to put Scheele in charge of both Tatsumi and Y/n” “I’ll keep my head in the game Lubbock.” I responded, “It’ll be fine.” The boss started, “I think they’ll get along fine together.” “What makes you say that?” Lubbock asked. “It’s good for Tatsumi to have a more experienced teacher, and we already know how Y/n and Sheele get along.” The boss said looking straight at me. “I’ve got dibs on using Tatsumi next!!!” Leone shouted raising her hand. “And see?” the boss started, “She also has talent.” “WHAT THE HELL!” Lubbock shouted holding his head, “THIS IS SO UNFAIR!” “Lubbock, if it makes ya feel any better, I’ll gladly learn from ya while Leone works with Tatsumi.” I said trying to cheer him up. “To an assassin, more experience means a better killer.” The boss said. “What do you think…? I said something cool didn’t I? ………… I guess not.” “Boss,” I started, “I found it to be very inspirational. “Morning guys.” Tatsumi said walking in with Sheele “Aaaaah. Good morning Y/n,” Sheele started, “You sleep well?” “Yea Sheele, I slep’ well.” I responded handing her and Tatsumi their respected breakfast. “I heard that yer trainin’ me an’ Tatsumi today.” “Yes I am.” Sheele said.

About an hour later, Tatsumi and I were given armor to swim in. “This. Armor. Is. So. Heavy.” Tatsumi said emerging from the water onto a rock. “Come on Tatsumi,” I started, “This is easy.” As I said that I climbed out of the water and lifted Sheele off her perch, as I did so, her glasses fell off. “Oops, sorry Sheele.” I said sliding her glasses back on, “Why’re we doin’ this?” “This is the curriculum I came up with for assassin training.” Sheele said putting her glasses back on, “Since I don’t have a job at the hideout, I can concentrate on training you.” “Why don’t you have a job?” Tatsumi asked. “Well,” Sheele started, “I got the normally cool Akame angry when I tried to cook. When I tried to do the cleaning, all I did was make a bigger mess for Bulat to clean up. When I did the shopping, I mistook salt for sugar, Leone couldn’t stop laughing, and when I did the laundry, I carelessly washed Mine with the clothes.” “Haha!” I started, “good job!” “By the way Sheele,” Tatsumi started, “When me and Y/n met everyone, you didn’t seem too happy about us joining.” “I’m sure there was a reason, but I’ve forgotten. Allow me to apologize and-” Sheele responded as her glasses fell off her face again. As sheele reached down to put her glasses back on, Tatsumi asked to hear her backstory and she repeated what she told me a few days ago.

The next day, we had time off, so I took Sheele back to the location where she trained me and Tatsumi for a picnic, after the meal we saw around for a bit, but had to turn in for briefing. We got back to base at nightfall, where Tatsumi tried on Spectator, he tried to read Akame’s mind, but he predicted what she wanted for dinner, which is always meat. “I don’t want him to read my mind.” Mine responded, “If it really has five sight abilities, try using one of the others.” I then saw the eye open up, and I could tell that he was using the x-ray ability, “WA WA WA WA WA WA WA!” Tatsumi screamed confirming my theory. Mimic: Spectator. I thought, to be able to attempt to send telepathic messages and it somehow worked. “Tatsumi, quit usin’ the X-ray, it ain’t like that’ll get you anywhere with any of them.” I projected. “But this is a fantastical ability!” Just then, it started to reject Tatsumi, “It seems this teigu isn’t suited to you.” Akame said. “You were probably thinking about how uncool it looked or something weren’t you?” Mine asked, “The user’s first impression of the teigu is important you know?” “This will need to be sent to the Revolutionary army HQ then,” the boss started, “It’ll need to be analyzed so it can become part of our fighting force.” “So I’m guessin y’all’re takin’ teigu and transportin’ them to the HQ for further use, smart.” I said. “So the more we collect the stronger the Revolutionary army becomes or something, right?” Tatsumi asked the boss. “Correct,” She replied, “Here take this book of the known teigu.” As she said that she tossed a book to Tatsumi, “The ones in the book are all of the ones we know about.” she continued. “Which teigu is the strongest?” Tatsumi asked. “The ice-manipulation teigu.” the boss replied, “Is what I would have said if you asked me that question a few days ago, but now I think it is Y/n here, seeing as he can mimic any teigu after seeing it work once.” “Thank ya ma’am” I replied, “If my memr’y serves me right, the ice-manipulation teigu wielder is in the north right?” “Yea, Y/n,” Lubbock answered, “It’s because the people up north are very strong. The even have their own hero.” “Even I know about him.” Tatsumi said. “Fufufufufu.” Tatsumi started, “The stronger the enemy, the better! We’re collecting more and more teigu after all.” “You’re suddenly cheerful huh?” Leone started, “Why is that all of a sudden?” “Well, the world is filled with teigu that have unknown abilities, right?” Tatsumi said, “The reason I’m so lively is this! Having seen just these abilities… maybe just maybe… there may be a teigu that has the ability to bring dead people back to life! Right? If there is, I may be able to bring Sayo and Ieyasu back! That’s why I’m going to do all I can to recover as many teigu as do-” “You can’t.” Bulat interrupted, “A teigu that can resurrect the dead doesn’t exist. In this world… You only get one life.” “You can’t know that!” Tatsumi shouted, “You can’t not until we’ve found them right!?” “I’m sorry Tatsumi,” I started, “But there isn’t a teigu that can revive the dead. I’m sorry.” “The current emperor is a good example.” Akame started, “If such a teigu existed, the first emperor would still rule.” Tatsumi then ran out of the room.

Sheele and I then went too look for him, we found him by the makeshift graves. “Tatsumi,” Sheele started, “you were still awake?” “I was happy.” he started, I I thought that I could possibly bring them back… as long as there was even a small possibility, I still had hope… but… I knew it. I’ll never see them again… I should have given up, but… I just.” As he said that he broke down into tears, “Tatsumi.” Sheele said hugging him, “We’ll keep this a secret from everyone else, it’s okay to cry as much as you need to.” “I’m here for ya too Tatsumi,” I started, placing my hand on his shoulder, “But there is a teigu that can bring back the dead,” “Really?” Tatsumi said in glee, “I thought you said there wasn’t?” “But it ain’t what yer thinkin’ it is.” I replied, “When it brings them back, it makes them puppets, a facade of their former self.” “Sheele,” Tatsumi started, “Is this okay though? For a superior to be this kind?” “Who knows?” Sheele responded, “It may be, probably?” “Haha… that’s just like you…” Tatsumi said, “Thank you Sheele, Y/n.”