Chapter 10: Killing the Secrets

POV: Y/n (Kakoshi)

As Tatsumi, Lubbock and I were doing push ups with one of the girls on each of our back, I had Sheele on my back, I had done about a thousand, Tatsumi had Akame, he had done a couple hundred, and Lubbock had Leone, barely getting ten done. Mine then ran in requesting that she had someone train with here. “Heya Mine.” Tatsumi said said. “So you’ve recovered!” Akame said, “That’s good!” “What are you doing?” “Just helping these guys out with their training.” Leone said patting Lubbock’s back “After equipping it I understand that,” Tatsumi started “Incursio consumes an amazing amount of spiritual and physical energy to use. In order for me to be able to use it as well as Aniki, I need to train my body even more!!! As it is now, I can barely use it’s ability for a few seconds before it releases.” “And Mine, since yer ‘ere.” I started, “Ya can jump onto Tatsumi’s back and ‘elp him with his trainin’, sound good?” “It would help increase the weight distribution.” Akame said. “What do you mean by that?” Sheele asked. “Well Tatsumi had less weight to lift then Y/n and Lubbock.”  Leone simply hit Akame in the head, leaving a small welp. I sensed a fight brewing so I fired a round near Leone, stopping her in her tracks. “What the hell was that about Y/N?!?!?!?!” Leone yelled. “Y’all’re different in build, meaning by nature Akame and Mine weight less,” I said holstering my pistol still in a push-up position, “Besides, at a time like this, we don’t need to be fightin’ period.” “Oh,” the boss said with her coat and a bag on, “you’re all here.” “Boss.” Tatsumi said, “What’s with the getup…?” “Headin’ to the Revolutionary Army HQ?” I asked. “Yeah,” the boss started, “I need to go deliver the three teigu we confiscated from the Three Beasts.” As she said that, she started to pick up a battle axe. “Boss,” Tatsumi started, “that axe is unbelievably heavy.” “Ohh, I can handle this much.” the boss said lifting the axe over her head, “See, I wouldn’t be able to use it as a weapon, but carrying it isn’t a problem.” “Was the boss always this cool?” Tatsumi asked, “Of course!” Lubbock said, “You know she’s a former general, right?” “Now that’s awesome.” I said. “I leave the place in your hands, Akame.” the Boss replied, “Standing orders are ‘Everyone train!’” “Understood.” Akame said, “Hey!” Tatsumi interrupted, “is it really okay to leave the whimsical one in charge?!” “She takes orders very seriously.” Lubbock said, “At least there won’t be any problems there.” “But there main reason I’m heading to HQ will be to secure some new members.” the boss said, “I’m hoping they can spare some talented people to replenish our fighting strength. But I’m not holding my breath.”

“I’m sorry.” Tatsumi said, “I was too weak.” “The ones you were up against, the Three Beasts,” the boss started, “Had the highest offensive capabilities in the entire empire. They were key figures in Esdeath’s army. All of them were eliminated, and their teigu were recovered. Esdeath’s strength may have no equal, but her army has certainly been weakened as a whole due to this. This will do much to allay the concerns over when the revolution will take place. You not only saved the ship, but also the lives of thousands of Revolutionary Army Soldiers. You’re strong, and you did well Tatsumi.” As the boss said that, Tatsumi started crying, “Boss…” Tatsumi started. “I wasn’t going to tell you since I didn’t want to inflate your ego, but…” Leone started, “Bulat said something to me a while back. ‘Tatsumi may still be green and wet behind the ears, but I know that kid will become seriously strong in time, with strict training, I think my become so strong he just might leave me in the dust. I look forward to seeing it.’” “Aniki…!” Tatsumi said crying as I patted his back. “Be proud of yourself, Tatsumi.” The boss said, “And live on. Show Bulat that you can become the kind of man he expected you to be.” As she said that she walked off.

A few days later, I was walking around the Capital with Tatsumi, when we stopped by a bookstore called Booknight, and Lubbock was outside the store. “Ohh?” he said as we walked by. “Yo,” Tatsumi said, “Hey.” Lubbock said motioning us inside. “Be careful while heading down.” Lubbock said guiding us down a secret stairwell. “Wow this place really does give off a ‘secret base’ kind of vibe!” Tatsumi said walking down the stairs. “Yea,” I started, “who’d thinka havin’ a hideout in a bookshop.” “Right?” Lubbock said, “I’m very proud of it.” “But you didn’t make it, did you…” Tatsumi said looking back. When we got downstairs we saw Leone sitting there. “Hey there.” she said as we walked in, “Welcome to the Capital hideout.” “Leone, aren’t you a little too relaxed?!!” Tatsumi asked. “Tone it down a notch,” I said, “we need to stay hidden, or do ya want us to be found?” “Either way,” Lubbock started, “Mine has finally appeared on the wanted posters, but she has no name, therefore the only ones who can walk around the Capitol openly are the four of us.” “Lubbock,” I started, “I was there, is ‘ere a poster with my face on it?” “Not your face,” Lubbock started pulling out a sheet of paper, “But there is one with your version of Incursio on it, don’t know why they call you Blondie though, they can’t see your hair.” “Blondie was in Good, Bad n’ Ugly, he wasn’t blonde though.” I said looking at the poster. “Yea,” Tatsumi said, “since my face was seen on the ship I thought it might have been a little dangerous for me to be out in the open.” “Nobody recognized you while you were walking through town right?” Lubbock said, “So it’s all good I think.” “Also…” Tatsumi started “speaking of the city, the Special Police Squad Jaegers seems to be all anyone can talk about.” “Obviously,” Lubbock started, since Esdeath is the leader… that’s the real hot topic…” “Seriously how dangerous can she be?” Tatsumi asked, “That’s right.” Lubbock started, “you haven’t heard about that one time.” “Are ya talkin’ bout the time she slaughtered that Savage Tribe?” I asked, “Yea.” Lubbock responded. “Can I get a shortened version.”