Chapter 2: Introductions

POV: Y/n

As Tatsumi and I sat on the edge of the cliff near the makeshift graves of our fallen friends when Leone, the blonde from before, came up behind us and tried to seduce Tatsumi, after making him blush she brought us in to speak to the others, we first meet Sheele, Who gave some very, choice words, basically saying that if we didn’t join we would be killed, we then met Mine, a pink haired girl maybe a year older than Tatsumi, and she was annoying, she mostly spoke about how did not accept the fact that Tatsumi and I were joining the team, we then left to the training field we met Bulat, he was the guy in armor who tried to lift me up, and it turns out he’s gay, That must be tough fer th’ ladies, I thought,  ‘E’s a buff man. After meeting Bulat we met Lubbock, a very perverted man, after a quick walk we saw a fire and bird being cooked upon it, where we met Akame, the black haired girl from before who offered us meat, since I figured I would join since there was no one in my village she shared some with me, but not Tatsumi, “Hey Akame,” Leone started, “why is everyone so tense?” “The boss returned.” Akame stated as a grey haired woman with an eyepatch and a robotic arm, “That’s purty cool.” I said “Thank you.” she said before turning toward Leone, “Leone, about your mission, you were three days behind schedule.” as the boss said that Leone turn and ran, but the boss’ arm shot out and grabbed her, I simply whistled.

We then went inside for a quick mission debrief, where the boss then asked us if we would join, “Well,” I started, “seein’ as I’v lost my vill’ge, and I’v got nowhere lef’ ta go, sign me up.” “Very well, also try toning down your accent, it can get difficult to understand you from time to time.” The boss replied, “and Tatsumi, what about you?” “If I return to my village empty handed, this whole journey will have been for nothing.” He said joining Night Raid. The boss then put us on kitchen duty, which is basically just me and Tatsumi, since Akame is always tasting the food. After fixing everyone’s lunches, Mine, Lubbock and Bulat came in to report that they were leaving on a mission, “G’luck guys.” I told must to Mines disapproval, “Does she like anyone? In general I mean.” I asked Akame. “Not really, maybe Sheele.” “I’ll have ta talk to ‘er later.” “Come on guys, it’s time for more training.”

We then left for an outlet with water about 25 meters below us, “What’r we after Akame?” I asked. “Halspin Tuna.” She said. “I thought those were next to extinct if not severely endangered.” Tatsumi added. “That is why we will get only a few amount.” Akame added, removing her outer layer of clothes, Tatsumi fell to the ground and I tipped my hat over my eyes shouting, “I’M NOT LOOKIN’ I SWEAR ON MA MAMMA’S LIFE!” “What?” Akame asked as I looked up I saw she had on a bathing suit “Hide your aura and dive to catch one.” As she said that she jumped in the water, only to return a few seconds later with a Halspin Tuna in her arms. “Sweet.” I said “This won’t be a sweat!” Tatsumi shouted removing his shirt and jumping in the water. “I guess it’s a party.” I said removing my hat, coat, weapons and shirt. “YEHAAAAAAAW!” I shouted jumping in.

A few hours later, we were eating dinner, the boss spoke up. “So Tatsumi,” she started “I heard you got cocky during training, and as a result you didn’t catch a single Halspin Tuna, whereas Y/n caught how many?” “Ten ma’am.” I replied. “Ok,” Tatsumi added, “I need to work on concealing my aura.” “Well training will have to wait,” The boss said, “We have a new target, General Ogre of the Imperial Army. Y/n, you and Tatsumi are to complete this contract.” “Ok,” I stated, “Gimme a view’a the surroundin’s, I’ll formulate a plan.” A few moments later the boss came up to me with a map, “Ogre should be here tonight, after a meeting with other military personnel.” the boss said pointing to a circular building on the map. “Welp,” I said looking at the map, “Tatsumi can provide a bit of a distraction for me to come in an’ make the kill.” pointing to an alleyway. “Sounds good Y/n. Go out and kill this man.” the boss replied.

Later that night I sat in the shadows of the alleyway waiting for Tatsumi to bring the malicious general to the alleyway. “‘Ere he is.” I said under my breath as Tatsumi dragged the general into the alleyway. “Why did you bring me here boy?” the General asked ‘Please General Ogre,” Tatsumi started jumping on his knees, “Let me enter the Imperial army!” Smart Tatsumi. I thought, “Sorry kid, I wouldn’t allow you entrance if it were the last thing I did.” Ogre replied turning around and leaving. Aw shit, he’s leaven’ I thought, sneaking towards the entrance “Then I guess it will be!” Tatsumi shouted swinging and taking down the General. “I did it Y/n!” he continued looking toward the back of the alleyway were I told him I would be, when I noticed Ogre get up and start to swing at tatsumi. “Look out!” I shouted slamming him out of the way, getting slashed by Ogre but I then cut his head off with my katana. “Careful Tatsumi, if hadn’t been ‘ere you’d’ve been killed.” I replied holding my chest. “I’m sorry, let’s return to the base.”

When we returned to the base the boss asked for a mission debrief. “So Y/n, what happened out there?” she asked, “Well,the mission went well, Tatsumi got Ogre to the ground, but he wasn’t killed. Ogre attempted to kill Tatsumi, but I decapitated him before that could happen.” I answered. “That’s good, were you injured at all Tatsumi?” Akame asked, “No, I’m completely fine.” He answered as Akame took his shirt off, revealing a fresh scratch on his shoulder. “How did you get that?” she asked, “It likely came from when I tackled ‘im to the ground.” “Come on Tatsumi, I’ll clean it for you.” Akame said dragging him into a separate room. “What about you Y/n?” the boss asked, “Yea,” I responded, “The dev’l got me purty good.” “Ok then,” the boss replied, “Sheele, take him to his room and patch him up.” “Ok boss.” Sheele replied as we walked back to my room.

“Where were you cut?” Sheele asked. “I was slashed in th’ stomach, Sheele.” I replied taking my shirt of to reveal only a slight scratch on my chest. “Oh my,” Sheele started, “You really over exaggerated your injury.” Sheele replied with a blush. “I swear it was larger earlier, ya still don’t mind patchin’ me up do ya?” I stated. “No, I don’t mind Y/n.” Sheele replied cleaning my scratch. “So Sheele,” I started, “Why did you join Night Raid?” “Well as you can tell, I’m a bit of a clutz.” she started, “I never could do anything right, but I had a friend, who no matter what I did, always accepted me. Well, one day at her house, her ex-boyfriend came to here house drunk and started choking her, I did the first thing I thought to do, so I killed him without hesitation, I thought my friend would be fine since I saved her life, but she kicked me out. A few days later as I was returning from getting groceries, some of the man’s friends came and said they were going to kill me like they had done to my family, so I killed them all, the only thing I was good at was killing. So Night Raid found me and took me in with open arms.” “Sheele,” I started, “I’m Sorry to ‘ear that, if ya ever want ta talk ‘bout it, lemme know and I’ll listen.” “Thanks Y/n, you’re very sweet.” Sheele said hugging me. “Y/n, we really should head back, I think there are more missions to take part in.”