Chapter 22: Kill the Charade

POV: Y/n (Kakoshi)

I pray that we won’t come to blows with ‘em. I thought entering the spring near the base. They’re nice folk, misunderstandin’ folk, but nice folk nun-the-less. Who’s that? Mimic; Incursio. I then saw a figure in one of the springs and went invisible to hide. I then saw a bucket start moving towards the spring. This cain’t be good I thought landing on the ground, seeing the figure standing up. “AAAAHHHHHH!!” Tatsumi screamed leaving his stealth mode, let’s see what happens I thought staying hidden behind a rock and seeing Susanoo emerge from the water. “Tatsumi,” Susanoo started, “I could tell you were there.” “Suu, H-h-how?” Tatsumi asked. “Incursio can make you invisible, but…” Susanoo started, “That’s it. You can’t make your presence disappear. Do not forget about this. If you do you will die.” “Y-y-yes.” Tatsumi said in defeat.

That ain’t Susanoo I thought reaching for my ammo, Chelsea must’ve pissed of Mine too much, so I’ll help. Mimic; Elemental Heart. “An opening.” Chelsea said deactivating her teigu, “Ahaha, it was actually me all alooong. Since I could tell it was your presence, I guessed your intention and thought I’d give you a scare.” At this point, I decided I’d scare both of them since they were unaware I was there.

I threw a bullet to the side, causing Chelsea and Tatsumi to look in that direction, as I snuck up upon them. “Y’ALL LEFT AN OPENIN’ RIGHT ‘ERE!!!!!” I shouted, turning my body into flames. “OH GOD!” Chelsea screamed falling down. “HOLY SHIT.” Tatsumi screamed, catching Chelsea. “Hahaha.” I laughed, deactivating my powers, “Y’all didn’t even know I was ‘ere,” I then noticed that Chelsea had passed out, “I’mma keep my mouth shut ‘bout you two, if ya don’t tell Sheele, she’ll kill me.” I said as Tatsumi laid Chelsea on the ground. “Deal, I might have accidentally hit  somewhere I shouldn’t have.” Tatsumi said. “Mine put ya up to this?” I asked. “Yeah.” Tatsumi said as Chelsea woke up.

“What the Hell happened?” Chelsea asked raising up, seeing me in the area, “Y/n, when did you get here,” “Maybe five min’tes.” I said, “I didn’t think ya’d pass outta fear. Sorry” “You’re fine.” Chelsea said, “I didn’t sense your presence at all. How is that possible?” “One, I’m a teigu ‘member.” I said, “Two, my master, before we fused, was a hunter, so we needed to remain hidden for long periods of time.” “That makes sense.” Tatsumi said. “See Tatsumi,” Chelsea said, “That is how you be an accomplished killer.” “Yer flatterin’ me.” I said in a sarcastic tone.

“I am truly in the defeat of both of you.” Tatsumi said, bowing before both of us. “Deception is my specialty.” Chelsea said placing her hands on her hips, “You’re ten years too early to think you can deceive me. And are you the type to get angry if I said that?” “No.” Tatsumi said, causing Chelsea and I too look in confusion. “About the weaknesses of invisibility…” Tatsumi started, “I think what you said was accurate. I’ll make sure to properly make use of the information. And Y/n, I would like you to help me in my training.” “I’d be honor’d to do so Tats.” I answered, “Looks like you’re pretty wise.” Chelsea started, “You see, I… since just recently… I went through the experience of coming home from a mission only to find my entire team dead. I just don’t want to see these guys to end up the same way.”

“Chelsea,” I started, “I was in the same predicament as ya when I joined Night Raid. A few weeks ‘fore that, my master an’ I were returnin’ from a case, draggin’ our prisn’r back for murder, but when we got there, the village was slaughtered, only one left was Stiker, who left with use to help, since he was the only other teigu user, was the only other survivor, my master an’ I ran straight to his home, where, where his wife, died in his arms. But ‘fore she did, she asked me to bring ‘im home alive. That’s the only mission I failed.” “Way to sound cocky.” Tatsumi said. “I nev’r stop ‘til I complete a mission.” I said defensively.

“Well well…”Tatsumi started, smiling at both of us, you’re pretty soft too, Chelsea.” When she heard this, I noticed the blush on her face. “Bingo.” “That’s not it.” Chelsea said splashing Tatsumi with water, “It’s just a matter of me having a clean heart.” She then threw the bucket at me. “The ‘ell’d I do?” I asked. “Ah,” Chelsea said making a snipping motion with her fingers, “Next time if you intrude on my bathing, I’LL CUT IT OFF. So be prepared.” “Wh… what are you going to cut off!?” Tatsumi asked with his face covered in fear. “I think it’ll be yer manhood.” I answered, wincing at the thought. “Y/n you’re not out of this because you can regenerate,” Chelsea said with an evil grin, “If you do this again, I will not hesitate to tell Sheele.” “We shall never speak of this period.” I said running out of the spring with Tatsumi.

POV: Run

I was standing by the General when Bols, Seryu and Kurome came back from their mission, it was obvious that they were distraught. “General Esdeath,” Seryu started, as the three kneeled before Esdeath, “We have a great report.” “Good,” Esdeath said, repositioning herself in her chair, “What is it? Is it about Tatsumi?” “No, General.” Seryu said, tears forming in her and Kurome’s eyes, “It’s about Y/n, he… he… he was a member of Night Raid.” “WHAT!” Esdeath said jumping out of her seat. “Ma’am if I may add,” Bols said reaching into his pocket, removing something, “We killed him after getting some information, it turns out, he has no idea where Tatsumi is, they worked together in the tournament, but after he left, all ties were cut with Tatsumi.” “Did he say anything before he was killed?” I asked. “He said that he never broke a promise, and the promises he made here, he was working on.”  Kurome replied, tearing up.

“I want all of you to take tomorrow off.” Esdeath said as the others returned to their dorms. “General.” I started, “Are we to continue our search for Tatsumi? There are several men within our own troops who resemble him. If you wish I cou-” “Such care is unneeded,” Esdeath started, “Run, in this world there is only one Tatsumi… I won’t accept anyone else.” “Understood ma’am.” I said bowing, How troubling. This sadistic woman who allied with the Minister… I was thinking that even if she had ability, she would be scum, but a general this interesting… … and a workplace this comfortable… it makes me wish to put a delay to my original objective. I then left for my room, however when I reached it, I saw seryu standing outside. “Run,” She said leaning towards my ear, “Keep an eye out for Blondie.” “What?” I asked as she walked off.