Chapter 23: Kill the Threat

POV: Y/n (Kakoshi)

I was serving breakfast with the other members of Night Raid whe Boss walked up. "Y/n" She said sitting at the table, "I have another mission requiring your specific skill set." "What's it 'bout ma'am?" I asked setting down the biscuits and eggs. "Are you familiar with the new danger beasts near the Capitol?" Boss asked, "Yes Ma'am," I answered, "I 'sume I'm to go investigate." "Yes," Boss answered, "You are to head out, alone after breakfast." "Yes ma'am, anythin' I need to look out fer?" I asked. "The Jaegers are to be in the area," Boss started, "so do be careful." "Ma'am," I said reaching to my side, "I'm dead. To. them. Shit, I forgot I gave Bols my revolver as a sign of death." "You saw Bols?" Tatsumi said, fear overcoming his face, "Yea, but I told 'im I didn't know where ya where." I answered. "Y/n," Akame started, "I may know a way for you to get a new revolver." "That'd be awesome," I answered with excitement in my voice, "How'd that be, revolver's are hard to come by?" "Are you familiar with shingu?" Akame asked as everyone was at full attention, "Yea, weren't they 'possed to be a superior teigu?" I asked. "Yes," Akame answered, "However, when they were made, the were inferior." "What are you getting at Akame?" Boss asked lighting a cigarette.

"When I worked as an imperial assassin," Akame said looking at boss, "I was a member of the Elite Seven, and we were given a shingu. A... close friend of mine, had Prometheus, a revolver that had a special type of ammo." "An' what was this friend's name?" I asked, after seeing Akame blush when mentioning the friend. "Her name was Tsukushi." Akame said, her face glowing a faint red. "Welp," I started, grabbing my katana, coat and hat, "after I return, we'll look for it, I'll be back guys, I'm leavin' Sleipnir 'cause he'll just attract attention." "How will you get there?" Chelsea asked. "Mimic; Mastema! Mimic; Incursio!" I said as my coat transformed into a brown pair of wings and armor appeared around me. "This 'elp?"

About an hour later I was flying towards the village, when I felt the true Mastema approach. Okay, I thought, it's just Run, I'll be fine. I then landed near the village and traveled on foot. When I got to the village I saw Run. "Blondie!" he shouted charging at me. "Whoa, whoa, whoa." I said throwing my hands up, "I ain't here for a fight, I'm doing an investigation. I pray you'd be reasonable." "And what exactly are you proposing?" Run asked. "We can work together on this," I answered, "I believe you are familiar with our member Y/n? He's very good at this sort of thing." "What do you know about Y/n?!" Run answered aggressively, trying to swing at me. "He was a good man, it's sad to know that he was killed the other day." I responded, not realizing I may have signed my own will. "How are you aware he was killed a few days ago?" Run asked staring intently. "What's your honest opinion of the Empire?" I asked. "I proudly support the Empire and all of its territories." Run answered as I analysed what he said. "Well from what I've seen, you're trying to take the Empire down from the inside." I answered watching his reaction. "And what makes you say that?" Run asked. "A 'sumption from an ol' friend." I said deactivating my powers. "Run, now that ya know it's me, please, be a liaison for Night Raid, yer gonna be very helpful to us." As I said that I could see Run question himself. "Who would I report to." "I'll be able to sneak in an' outta the Capital with ease." I responded "How so?" Run asked. "Mimic; Gaea Foundation. Mimic; Mastema." I said transforming into a small dark blue bird. "Impressive." Run said looking at my transformation, "How do you do that?" "It's a long story." I said transforming back to normal.

After I explained my story to Run we left for the village to investigate the danger beasts. "So Y/n," Run started, "Do you have any theories as to where these danger beast came from?" "Not yet," I said nearing a house with a busted door, "but we'll find out 'ere." I ran up to the remains of the door. "What do you think did this?" Run asked seeing the damage, "Likely one of the danger beasts we're after," I said looking at the frame, "somethin's torn the door down, killin' the people inside, one of 'em fought back, ya see there's a sword lyin' on the ground as if it were wielded, but the wielder died before he could fight." "Th-th-this looks just like my classroom from years ago." Run said, "D-d-do you think there's a correlation?" "Possibly." I answered, seeing bones out of the corner of my eye. "What'do we 'ave 'ere?" "Hmm?" Run asked, seeing the bones as well. "This looks like that of a woman, likely pregnant," I said looking at the pelvic bones, "an' 'ere's her husband." "What do you get from this?" Run asked me. "I got nothin'." I answered grabbing my chin, "If we could find one I may be able to learn more about them." "Careful what you wish for." Run started, "Be careful." "Huh?" I asked looking up and seeing a horde of danger beasts approaching. "SHIT! Mimic; Elemental Heart, mimic; Grand Chariot. Mimic; Pumpkin."

Run activated Mastema and flew up taking out a handful of the beasts while I ran through with my fists in a sort of stone and burning the survivors. "Y/n, you want this one alive?" Run asked pinning one to the ground. "Le's cut 'im open." I said deactivating my powers and drawing my katana. When I cut the beast open, I saw digested corpses. "Welp," I said cleaning my katana, "I got nothin'. All I can say is they ain't natural, formally 'uman, likely made by a teigu." "What are the odds of them being made by a teigu?" Run asked "No clue," I answered walking off, "I'm headin' off, I'll report to ya if anythin' comes up, I'm workin' on yer case still, I ain't givin' up 'til I solve it." "Thank you Y/n." Run said shaking my hand, "I wish you the best of luck." "I'll visit every few days for info." I said starting to jog, "Mimic; Mastema!" As I said that, wings formed on my back and I flew away.

When I returned to base, I went to debrief boss, I left out the part about having an informant in the Jaegers, out of respect for Run. "So what you are saying is that they attack in large groups," Boss said, "Yes Ma'am." I answered, "But I ain't got a clue as to where they came from." 'Well then we shall send out our troops to investigate this scenario." Boss said as Akame and Leone walked in. "Leone, go get Tatsumi and Susanoo. We will need them." "Yes ma'am." Leone said leaving to grab the duo. "Akame," I started, "what can ya tell me 'bout Prometheus." "It was a weapon used by Tsukushi of the Elite Seven," Akame started, "it was a revolver where the bullets would redirect themselves after being fired." "What happened to Tsukushi?" I asked. "I don't know," Akame answered, looking down, "after I left, Kurome was placed in my position, as far as I know, Tsukushi died." "Thank's," I answered, getting an idea, "I'mma check with Kurome, she'll likely know." "You won't get into the palace alive!" Akame shouted. "Y/n, I suspect you have a plan." Boss said looking at me. "Mimic; Gaea Foundation!" I said transforming into a winged ant. "This give ya a clue?" I asked in an incredibly high voice. "Y/n?" Akame asked looking for me. "Guess it worked." I said deactivating my powers. "What did you do Y/n?" Boss asked, "Ma'am, I turned into an ant." "I see you're using my teigu." Chelsea said walking behind me. "Yes, but I push 'er to 'er fullest." I said leaving, "I'll be back 'fore the mission's given! Mimic; Gaea Foundation, Mimic; Elemental Heart!" I then turned into a winged ant and teleported to the outside of the Capitol.

I then flew to the palace, trying to avoid being swatted at, I found Kurome's room and walked under the door, seeing her bag of treats on her desk. Okay, I thought, She's not 'ere right now, but uhh. Where is she? An' she's comin' in, gotta act fast. I then flew to her desk and took out a cookie. I broke it into pieces and wrote something on her desk. Kurome had sit down, after locking her door, I guess she heard my wings flapping, because she threw my knife at me. I wasn't able to catch it because of my size, but I knocked it on to her desk.

POV: Kurome

I kept hearing this buzzing noise in my room. Upon inspection, I noticed that there was a winged ant in my room, out of agitation, I threw Y/n's knife at it. I didn't hit the ant, but I didn't miss either, the knife was redirected on my desk. I went to my desk to retrieve the knife when I noticed crumbs on my desk. Kurome, step outside on the balcony, I need to speak to ya. I thought, Y/n. What does he want? I stepped out on the balcony, when Y/n appeared behind me. "Y/-" I started before Y/n placed his finger on my lips.

POV: Y/n (Kakoshi)

"Shh." I said placing my finger on Kurome's lips, "Stay quiet, I'll be killed if they find me here, I want to ask ya a question. It's 'bout the Elite Seven." "Y/n," Kurome started, "I can't tell you about the Elite Seven, I know nothing about it's members now." "Then tell me 'bout the Shingu Prometheus." I said glaring at her. "I don't know what you're talking about." Kurome said turning away. "Really?" I started, "Akame said otherwise, I know you know Tsukushi. I would like to speak to 'er." "I can't let you do that." Kurome said looking down. "She left a few years ago with Green, they said they were going to find Akame and bring her back." "Who's Green?" I asked, trying to get some information. "He was a member of the Elite Seven, he had a thing for Akame." Kurome answered, "But I don't know where he is. They could be anywhere." "That's fine, I 'ave time to kill. I'll be off." Mimic; Elemental Heart. I thought teleporting back to base.

"Akame. Boss." I said entering the briefing room seeing everyone there. "I 'ave a lead on Prometheus. An' it's lively." "Good," Boss said, "You and Akame can head out tonight." "Yes ma'am." I said, before we were sent out on our mission. "Good luck dear." Sheele said kissing me. "Thank you dear." I said returning the kiss. "Y/n," Akame said grabbing my hand, "Let's go." "Alright," I said seeing that she was excited. "We'll be back soon!"