Soda

There's only one, and one destination you both go to whenever either one of you are thirsty. Not the convenience store, the grocery, not even the supermarket. As your footsteps halt in front of a certain electronic device in the corner of the street, its bright lights illuminating the countless of drinks in the glass display, you looked up at it, fished out a penny. Vending machines. You've been into plenty many times enough for the object to be significant to you. Many times enough to consider it your thing. You couldn't even pass by a vending machine without thinking of him now, that's how special it has become to you. You raised your hand, about to insert the coin. It could've slid right down if not for another warm hand blocking it, holding yours and intertwining each of your fingers. You smiled, turning to face Sousuke. He used his penny instead, inserted it in the slot. Right there he just treat you again. Your heart warmed. Not long after he was giving you a soda, already popped open. "Where's yours?," you asked, as he only bought one. Now that you realize it, there was only one soda left and you know very well it was either water or soda he drinks. "I'm good," he looks at you tenderly. "You before me."