Time Favors

;

Rin Matsuoka

🌊

●●●

After Rin left overseas to train, life became a little boring in your behalf. You'd return to an empty apartment, you'd cook for yourself when normally you'd prepare at least for two. Truly a precious time you hadn't fully grasped until it was snatched away. But day after day you find yet another reason to continue again because of the fact that you cohabitated. His scent was prominent everywhere. He's had clothes left, sticky notes of his routine---your shared room full of memories. Because adorning the walls of that bedroom is a pile of polaroids hanging by a thread or tucked by wooden clips. At the corner would be the recently added films you had taken from your Australia trip with Rin on his day-off. Much to your expectations he was laughing at most of it, for instance when he took you to a local park and you made him feed the gulls of the bread he bought for you. There was also that time when you said you'd only stroll by the seashore but in all honesty you intended to splash him, thus he chased you. First night at the hotel. Second night. Third. Many others that you had no idea how you captured them at the right moment. You reached out to trace that one picture of Matsuoka snoring, only to make your lips curve upward the longer you stare at it. If only I could rewind time. "Take me to where your dreams are again," you whispered to yourself as if pleading for the skies to hear you out. Far from the wall, there at the bedside table rests a framed picture. It was Rin carrying a trophy he just won in the Olympics. You smiled longingly. "When time favors us to meet."