Part 12: Red Shot Eyes

By the time Jungkook got to the hospital, visiting hours were already over. He would have to wait til 8am before he is able to see Taehyung.

He paces outside the waiting area, replaying the incident and how he messed up so bad. He knows that he had just pushed Tae further away. Not that they even made any real groundbreaking progress to begin with. He was starting to feel sick to his stomach when Jimin finally leaves the room to find something to drink.

Jungkook runs up to him, surprising him when he grabbed his arm. "Hey! You must be Tae's best friend...im....we spoke earlier...."

"I know who you are", Jimin spat, yanking his arm away. Jungkook gave him an apologetic look and dipped his head in respect.

"Hyung. Please. Could you please tell me about Tae's condition?"

Jimin looked at Jungkook red shot eyes, and messy hair, he definitely looked worn out with worry. As much as Jimin hated the kid right now, he knew the boy deserved to know.

"He still isn't awake if that's what you're asking. But that's only because he had to go through a blood transfusion and then they gave him some pretty strong medication for everything. The poison thankfully was neutralized before it did any real damage. They gave him a lot of stiches for the claw marks so Tae's NOT gonna like that, he hates scars. The concussion you gave him thankfully was only a small one, so he'll come out of it with all his brain cells. Now, you can leave. Your guilt is lifted. Good bye". As Jimin turns to walk away jungkook started to cry.

"Hyung, im not leaving. I can't. This is my entire fault. I'm happy that he is going to be ok. But if I had just talked to him....if I had just believed in him..... Its only been 3 days and I'm already fucking it up. He warned me that he might be the one to hurt me, but it turns out to be the opposite".

Jimin looked at the boy in front of him, and for the first time saw why this person was able to make Kim Taehyung crack, bringing down those walls.

"Look. I'm not Tae. I don't know if he is ever going to forgive you. Even though we are best friends, I barely know things about him myself. But Tae has always been a softy at heart. He cares, and that scares him. He told me that he thought you'd be good for him. I feel like that's something you should know".

Jungkook looked up at Jimin after hearing those words, "He...he did? ...I don't blame him if he doesn't for give me. It's just. I don't know what I'm going to do without him. We haven't even had a real start and already it feels like the end. What do I do hyung?"

*sigh...."I told you, I don't know. But if you really are soul mates, I hope you're able to resolve it. I still believe that Tae deserves someone who can love him unconditionally, someone who can show him that he can trust again, that he will never have to wake up afraid of being alone. He doesn't say it....but Tae is afraid of being alone Jungkook". And with that, Jimin gave him a small pat on the shoulders and walked down the hall to the nearest vending machine.

------------------

The next day Taehyung finally woke up, and the first person he sees is Jimin, sleeping on a small sofa chair right next to him. His head was rested next to Tae's arms, while clutching on to Tae's little pinky.

Taehyung smiles at this, feeling happy and warm that his bestfriend never left his side. His inner wolf how ever was hurt and felt abandon. For once the wolf did not howl for its mate, for once it was silent.

"Jiminiee.....Jiminieee...." Tae's voice felt dry calling out to the other, his voice came low and raspy.

"You know.....your voice sounds pretty sexy like that. Maybe you being like this isn't all bad" Jimin said slowly getting up. He reached in the air to stretch his back. Lying like that all night had took its toll.

"um.....i know you just woke up and all....but water please. Im dying of thirst". Tae said while reaching out and fluffing Jimin's hair.

Jimin gave him a smile and went to pour him a cup of water. He handed it to him with a straw so it was easier for Tae to sip.

"You know, considering everything....i don't feel that much pain" Tae said slowly sipping his water.

Jimin cackled, "Yea...lets give it a few more hours when the pain meds finally wares off and lets see how you feel then".

"Ooo yeah....Noooo....Im gonna need them to keep the meds coming" Tae said making a face, they both laughed.

"Yeah the nurse told me once your pain meds wore off that's it. They don't want you to be dependent of it, especially now that you're awake, wolf healing abilities should be kicking in".

"So do you wanna tell me what happened to me?"

Jimin went into detail about with what the doctor told him. About the poison, about the concussion, the blood lost, and how Tae was lucky to have no real damage done besides the scars that will most likely be left on his chest.

"Why didn't you just let me die Jimin? GAWD. That big of a scar? Over my perfect milky soft skin? " Tae of course was being dramatic on purpose to make Jimin laugh. Though it annoyed him that he would now bare a giant scar that'll remind him of the crazy bitch. He also thought it made him look tougher, so one more thing to add to his rep.

"You know....Tae.....Jungkook has been here all night too. He's in the waiting room. Waiting to see you" Jimin said slowly, unsure of how Taehyung would react.

"I don't want to see him Jimin. I think....I think our bond is broken for good anyways. This morning when I woke up....my inner wolf....It didn't even call out to Jungkook like it usually would. Actually, its been so quiet this whole morning....Its kind of scaring me". Tae said looking down at his fingers.

"Well, you have to see him sooner or later. Didn't you tell me Jungkook 's brother said you both could die if you try to avoid each other or betray each other?"

"yea...but. I just can't right now. I need him to leave. I don't even want him in the same building as me Jimin. Please. Tell him to leave".

Jimin has never seen Taehyung this way. He has always been a hard ass, cocky, and ruthless. But here he was, showing his tears to Jimin. Showing his hurt and pain. Being venerable in front of him. Rather Taehyung knows it or not, good or bad, Jungkook had started to bring out the humanity in Tae that he keeps so locked up tight.

"Ok. I'll tell him. But you have to promise me you'll resolve this with him when the time is right. I'm not taking his side, but I think he really is sorry Tae. You should at least hear him out".

"Maybe....just not now Jimin...." And like that Tae looked away, wipping his tears and just spaced out in silence.

Jimin took it as his sign to leave; he knew Taehyung needed some space to think.

"Well, I should probably go home and shower. Do you want me to bring you anything?"

His face lit up just for that moment, "Yes! Could you please bring me some comics to read and some burgers please? I don't think I'd ever fully recover by eating tasteless hospital food".

Jimin pats him on the head and agreed.