Part 5: Messy Mornings

Jungkook wakes up to 5 miss calls and 8 unread messages from Myra, but he really doesn't feel up to answering her right now. He knows that he shouldn't treat her this way. He should just tell her what happened, but how was he to explain something he doesn't fully understand himself?

He knew that finding your soul mate isn't easy, but he never imagined it being this complicated. His mind is filled with the thoughts of a person he barely even know. He feels hurt and betrayed by someone he had nothing to do with the day prior.

In his whole relationship with Myra, he had never encountered this kind of hurt. He never felt betrayal or humiliation. This was new to him, and yet he can't help but think it's unfair to expect things from...from this...Kim Taehyung. They never even really spoke for goodness sakes. THEY LITERALLY JUST LOOKED INTO EACH OTHER'S SOULS. That's it....what's the big deal right? Why is he beating himself up like this? Where does he go from here?

The phone that was lying cold next to him is now buzzing to life with Myra's favorite song (All of me by John Legend), she insisted they make it 'their song'.

He looks at it for a good second before sighing and pressing answer, he honestly would rather be suffocated by a soft pillow right about now.

"Hello?" He tries to sound more alive than he feels.

"Babe! What the fuck, I was so worried sick".

"yeah...I know. I know....im sorry. I just....i just woke up".

The silence on the phone had never felt so distant like this before. Not with them, not with JK & Myra the "ideal couple".

Myra finally speaks, "Am I gonna see you today?"

More silence. Jungkook knows he has to deal with this, but he was never good at dealing with his emotions. He doesn't know how to put things into words. It always has been Myra who does the talking when they have a disagreement. He is more on the simple side. He rather takes action to prove himself. Words were too complicated and is almost always taken in the wrong context he thinks.

"Baby.... I just need some time-

"Why are you acting like this? You know I can sense that there is some kind of shift in our relationship. Ever since the festival-

"Myra.... look. I love you. But I need some time to myself right now, and I need you to understand that. When I find the right way to explain myself.....I'll....i'll reach out to you".

He can hear her sigh and fidgeting around on the other line.

"Can you promise to at least call me by tomorrow?"

"I promise. I have class tomorrow anyway so I'll be back at the dorm. Maybe we can even meet up".

"Alright....I love you kookie".

"I know. I love you too".

"bye"-"bye" ~click*

-------------------------

Taehyung woke up this morning feeling even worse than yesterday. Maybe because he went to bed hungry or maybe he felt guilty for pushing Jimin further away, or maybe because he felt like he had just cheated on his soul mate, but today...he was emotionally drained.

He peeked outside to see if Jimin was anywhere to be found but the apartment looks pretty much empty. He then found a little sticky note outside his door.

"I hate you. I'm leaving. Don't look for me.

P.s. Not really leaving. Our lease isn't up till another year. You're stuck with me. But I am going to stay with my parents for a couple of days. I think we both need some space".