Part 2: Kim Taehyung

Kim Taehyung does not believe in soul mates. He doesn't believe in love. He only believes what he got out of life, and that's basically nothing. He doesn't know who his parents are except for the fact that his mother was an omega who abandoned him because she had a one night stand with some wolf while in heat and Taehyung was basically a mistake. He had been from foster home, to foster home and it sucked because none of those families actually cared about him. He had to learn everything the hard way.

So when he turned 18, he got a part-time job and ran away from the shitty hole he called home and reported his foster parents anonymously to the cops, for selling drugs and for abusing the kids they swore to protect. He struggled for a while with the little savings he did manage to hide and save from the scums he ran away from, and after sleeping from a homeless shelter to the next, he finally saved enough to live like a normal human being again, even renting a small room from an old lady who no longer had any family. He liked to think his luck started to pick up thanks to one Park Jimin, who he met while looking outside of a bakery window on a cold day wondering if he should spend his last five dollars on a sandwich or try for the cheaper ramen at the convince store (again).

Jimin had seen him staring, mouth-watering and before he knew it the small stranger came outside making the door bell ring and when their eyes met, he offered him half of his sandwich. So they started talking, well Jimin started talking and slowly but surly Taehyung warmed up to him, it was the kind of effect the small male had on people, Taehyung realized after they became what Jimin claims as best friends later on. Jimin was persistent in his way of attaching himself into Taehyung's life, even finding him a better paying job at a Starbucks. When Jimin suggested they become roommates to save on bills, Taehyung knew it was more for his own benefit than Jimin's because the other knew Taehyung was tired of living in the tiny moldy room. He likes to think its because they occasionally fooled around with one another and Taehyung was just that good in bed, but if Taehyung had such a thing as a best friend, Jimin would be the closest thing to it.

Jimin came from a pretty well off family, but because Jimin is an omega himself, he hates being controlled by his Alpha father and Beta mother. You can say Jimin is the rebel, and every rebel needs a damaged friend to play the part. In Taehyungs mind, it's a give and take relationship, so it's safe. No 'real' emotions attached, at least on his part.

Now being 24, realistically, Taehyung knows he needs to go to college to get a real job and make some real money so he can survive in the long run. While doing 3 part-time jobs, he attends the local community college where it's cheaper and convenient to get to his jobs.

He plans on being a graphic designer if he can get through it all. Which he does, because he is naturally gifted, he not only excels in school but is also super talented in his craft. The only thing that could be called a flaw with Tae was that he is a bit of a man whore. With his no-strings or feeling attached rule, he doesn't date, but he does do hookups and fuck buddies. He isn't too picky if its Alpha, Beta, or Omega, as long as he gets his fun. Everyone has their vice and for Taehyung sex is the one pleasure no one should be shy to.

Usually, the best place for those kinds of hookups is the obvious college parties and bars but when he heard there was a festival like gig going on, who was he to say no? He even joked around with Jimin about scooping out the new faces from the other school and maybe even scoring a sugar daddy. But imagine him, Kim Taehyung, showing up to this festival and instantly getting smacked in the face with a scent so obnoxiously alluring that he was trying to remember how to breathe. The scent obviously was from an alpha, and no matter how much he tried to think rationally he could not resist and mind you, he isn't even in heat.

He sniffs and follows the scent, at first he tries to ignore it but he could feel his inner wolf calling for the hunt and it got stronger the more he resisted. So on the hunt, he went, from afar he could already see who the scent was coming from. The boy looked like a mad man, sniffing and jumping at every turn. Was he sensing Taehyung too? No can't be. Tae wanted to let out a giggle watching this man, no, a boy in search of whatever he was looking for. How can an Alpha male wolf look so much like a bunny instead, jumping at every turn when he bumps into strangers?

All of a sudden, Tae started walking towards him without realizing it himself, it was like he couldn't even contain his wolf anymore, and before you know it, SMACK. They both bumped into each other and fell to the floor.

Tae saw the boy reaching his hand out to help him, but he felt sick, like he knew something was wrong before he even looked up, but when he did, it was like everything made sense but also didn't. It was like he could feel all of Jungkook...wait....how did he know his name was Jungkook? Tae could see a golden light, no a bridge, almost connecting him to the Black wolf with amber eyes on the other side, but then....

"Hey!" Both boys broke out of the trance they were in and turned in unison to look at the girl with wavy chestnut hair coming up to Jungkook and tugging his arm.

"I looked everywhere for you, sorry I took so long, the girls wanted to do some shots and I....." she turned to look at Tae who was still standing there looking at them both, not quite sure if he should just bolt now.

"who's this?" she asked Jungkook.

Jungkook who was still very much in a daze looked from her to Taehyung, and all over again it was like they were gonna zone out if he looked into Tae's eyes so he looked at the ground instead "uh.. I don't know, we kind of just bumped into each other....actually babe, I don't feel so good so I'm just gonna head home".

She looked at Tae then to Jungkook for a moment " ok...um.... I guess I can leave. Let me just tell the girls-"

"No! um... i mean. I just need to go home-home. Like my parents' home. Alone. It's the weekend anyways I should go home and see them and you should stay and enjoy yourself". he slowly pulls away from Myra, eyes still glancing at Taehyung nervously. Taehyung willed his body to move, to leave but he was just glued in place to witness this awkward exchange.

"oh....well I guess text me then? I can visit tomorrow? I haven't seen your parents in a while either"

"um...we'll see, ok?" Jungkook turns to leave but before he does he dares to smile and nod at Taehyung before walking- almost running away.

Taehyung stood there dumbfounded. What the actual fuck just happened? No, he knows exactly what just happened. They were about to imprint, and that kind of soul imprinting only happens with soul mates. But it was interrupted. Why does he feel like he found something, only to lose it? What is this uneasy feeling? All Taehyung knows, is that he is NEVER doing that again.

He couldn't help but still watches the boy leave and secretly hopes he never sees him again, or maybe not. He wasn't entirely sure as his feelings were getting all jumbled along with what he wanted and what his wolf wanted.

"Hey!" Myra waved her hands in front of Tae, breaking his eye contact from Jungkook's disappearing figure in the crowd.

"Stop looking at my boyfriend like that. Your fucking slut scent is disgusting, keep your wolf in control or go take a fucking shower" This girl literally has no fear Tae thought.

"Ok, first off your 'boyfriend' bumped into me, HARD I might add. If anything I'm glaring, nobody wants your man".

"uh huh....right. I don't exactly know what went on between you both, but I'm not stupid. So it better have been nothing, you filthy male omega". With those words, Tae stepped closer to her with a low growl in his throat.

"We may both be omega but I can guarantee you that if we were both to fight, I would win, so the next time you try threatening somebody, I'd size them up twice before doing it" Myra step back, almost cowering. Taehyung straightens his stance and looks at her one last time, "so one last time, I don't want your man". And he walks away.