Chapter Thirteen.

"What's your number, princess?" Ethan asked as he pulled down the box of the girls uniforms from the top of the storage locker.

"Ten," I responded, ignoring the nickname.

"Funny, that's mine too," He handed me the uniform, pulling out Christie's number one.

"Whatever, I'll wear it better," I replied.

"Sure thing, princess," He pulled down the box of boy's uniforms.

I couldn't get the boxes down on my own, and Ash and Christie were busy setting up drills, so I was stuck asking Ethan for help.

"Can you take this into the girl's locker room, or do you need me to help you with that too?" Ethan smirked.

"Please," I lifted the box, struggling slightly under the weight. "You just want an excuse to get into the girl's locker room," I rolled my eyes and left him in the storage room.

As soon as I set down the box, the girls went crazy trying to choose their numbers. It was a good thing I grabbed mine and Christie's beforehand.

I quickly changed into my uniform, setting Christie's on her gym bag, and went to go find Francesca.

"Thank you so much for helping us out," I smiled as I walked with Francesca towards the soccer field before practice.

"It's my pleasure," She adjusted the strap of her camera bag. "Besides, taking pictures of cute soccer girls all afternoon? How could I pass that up?" She laughed.

"I'm glad you're on board," I laughed and led her to the field.

Practice was spent posing for the camera and having fun as the sound of Fran's camera clicking played on loop.

"Let me get your number so I can send you these pictures," Fran said to Christie after practice.

"I'd really love that," Christie responded, and I wiggled my eyes at Francesca.

The next day was the day of Christie's team building party. I pulled my hair back into a high ponytail and smoothed down my outfit. I wore a pair of drawstring denim shorts with a navy blue and white tube top.

My phone rang, Ash was calling.

"Hey," I answered. "What's up?"

"Jeremey needed a ride, can you drive yourself or do you still want me to come get you?" He asked. He didn't even say hello.

"I'll drive myself," I shook my head, a little hurt. "See you there,"

"Okay great, bye," He hung up.

"Bye, babe," I said, but he was already gone. I promised myself I would never be the controlling jealous girlfriend, but Ash had been spending a lot of time with Jeremey. It's like he had forgotten about us.

I pulled up to Christie's house, where quite a few cars already lined the street. I could hear a bit of a commotion inside. I knocked on the front door, and Christie opened it.

"Yay! I'm glad you're here Lola!" Christie was her usual cheerful self.

"Me too," I laughed. "Have you seen Ash?" I asked.

"Yeah, he and Jeremey are out back." She pointed me in the right direction.

I made my way to the back, to find Ash and Jeremey passing a soccer ball back and forth. There were a few other people hanging outside as well. I stayed on the porch, watching Ash and Jeremey. They were laughing and having a good time.

"Hey," Someone stepped up beside me, and I turned to see Francesca's flaming red hair.

"Oh hey, Fran," I smiled. "What are you doing here?" I was surprised to see her at the team building party.