Chapter Nine.

"We need to lay some ground rules," I managed to get out as Ash's lips pressed gentle kisses on my neck. We were in his kitchen, and I was sitting on the counter. Ash stood in between my legs, placing kisses on my neck that left a trail of fire in his wake.

"Hm?" He mumbled.

"Babe, I'm serious," I laughed, squirming on the counter.

"Okay, okay, I'm listening," He pulled away, grinning from ear to ear.

"Things are moving really fast between us, and I just don't want anyone to get hurt," I took his face in my hands, pressing a soft kiss to his nose. "Rule number one, absolutely, under no circumstances, are we doing anything that can result in pregnancy, unless circumstances change."

"I agree, but what do you mean circumstances?" I could feel his thumb making circles on my ribs, which was very distracting.

"I mean unless I start taking birth control," I closed my eyes and leaned my head back on the wall behind me.

"Makes sense,"

"Rule number two. I totally trust you, but no sending anything you rather other people not see over text, It's not secure. iCloud, and all that stuff,"

"Definitely," He nodded, his hands sliding under my blouse, gently grazing my skin.

"And rule number three, promise me that you'll always talk to me about stuff, especially your sexuality. I won't let that be an issue, ever, okay?" I slid my hands down his chest slowly.

"I promise you, Lola, cross my heart." He rested his forehead on mine. "May I please kiss you now?" He murmured.

I leaned into him slowly, parting my lips slightly for a kiss.

As my lips brushed his, the oven went off, signaling dinner was ready. We both groaned.

"Don't worry," I pressed a soft kiss to his lips before he could move. "I'll save room for dessert," I smirked.

"You're such a tease, Lola," Ash complained as he pulled away.

"Oh, but you love it," I hopped off the counter, catching a whiff of chicken parmesan. I didn't know which turned me on more, Ash or dinner.

Ash was so romantic and sweet, he lit candles and set the table and put on music, as if he wasn't born in the twenty first century.

"So, how do you feel about meeting my family, say, on Saturday?" I asked as I sat across from him, enjoying the chicken parmesan he had made.

"I'd love to," He grinned. "Do you think they'll like me?"

"Of course, you're so sweet, and kind, and smart," I couldn't help but grin as a blush crept across his face and he looked down with a sheepish smile.

"If you say so," he muttered.

"I know for a fact that they'll like you as much as I do," I assured, reaching over to take his hand.

"Well, hopefully not quite as much," He teased.

I rolled my eyes and let go of his hand to finish my dinner.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Ash asked as he picked up my empty plate and began to clean up the dishes.

"That depends on the movie," I got up and began to help him clean up. "It has to be good."

"How about The Hobbit?" He suggested.

"That's quite a long movie," I smirked. "Is this going to be a hostage situation?"

"Maybe," he laughed. "We can watch something else if you'd like."

"No, I want to watch The Hobbit," I said as I dried a plate.