CH.4: His call

I stride through the park and look around my surroundings.

The sky is a beautiful blue with fluffy, white clouds splattered everywhere, making the sky more beautiful like how you would put a cherry on top of an ice cream sundae. I look to my right and settle both of my hands behind my back as I walk further in to the park. Bright green grass lay under the sunlight, receiving a yellow touch. Flowers scatter through out the land, adding splashes of different colours to the landscape, there are even trees that are anchored around the park, they're tall and-

ZIIIINNGGG!
ZIIIINNGGG!

A small earthquake builds up in my pocket. Someone's calling me...in the middle of day? I pull out my phone and check who it could be but all I see are random numbers displayed on the screen of my phone. I tilt my head, getting curious on who this is. I stop walking and just stand there.

I pick it up.

I smile builds up on my face as I hear a familiar voice on the other line. Tae.

"Hello? Is this Y/N-ssi?"

"Ah! Yes! Is this perhaps Taehyung?"

He giggles softly "it is you. I was wondering. Would you like to meet up with me? Today or tomorrow?"

"Sure. Why not? But it's your choice on which day we'll meet up. Could you take care of that?"

"Of course! How bout' tomorrow? At 4? I just figured out that I should give you at least a day before hanging out with me. Don't get me wrong though, we're not dating. Just as friends."

"Okay!"

"Good. I'll be hanging up now. Annyeong~" then the call ends. I save his number as 'Tae~' and I put my phone back in my pocket and pace through the park.

'Just as friends'. Relief rushes through me. I would've been afraid if he meant it as I date. I've gone through so many break ups I'm afraid of what would happen next if I had a relationship again. Most boys wanted me for my body. That's it. It's like it became my fear. Love became my fear.

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

I walk back home. I look at my phone to check the time.

12:30pm.

HMMM. I must've spent an hour getting ready since I remember it was only 9:30am when I decided to take a shower. Meaning I had almost 2 hours of being outside...though I said ALMOST since I fetched out a few minutes getting to the park and coming back home.

As usual, I dive towards my bed and breath in the cold air. The feeling of being able to tuck under my white, fluffy and cold bedsheets brought me to the point of extreme comfort. As I shut my eyes close and let myself drift off to sleep, I hear a bird-like call.

CHIRP!
CHIRP!

I take my phone with heavy eyes and unlock my lockscreen. I go wide-eyed as I see the person. 'Tae~' was displayed.
I reply back a hi.

Y/N: hi.

Tae: heyy. Whats up?

Y/N: hmmm. The sky? 😂😂😂 jk.

Tae: Im guesssing you're fine since you're playing with me right now.

Y/N: haha. Yeaa. Btw, why'd ya text me?

Tae: ahhww y'know. To get to know each other before meeting up tomorrow. 😊

Y/N: Good idea.

Me and Taehyung have been texting each other for at least an hour now. We went from asking each other what kdarama we've watched to our favourite types of food. I feel its as if I've known him for a month now when it has only been a day.

Our conversation ends and I look back at the clock. It reads 1:43pm. Time has been passing by quite quick lately...

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

I open my eyes to the Sun setting and my phone in hand.

Did I take a nap without noticing? It's must be really late now. Like c'mon, look at the Sun.

I press my 'homescreen' button.

5:09pm

Woaaah. I've slept for nearly 3 hours. I don't think I'll be able to sleep toni- THE DATE! Wha?? I-I mean the h-hangout with Tae.Yea.

I sit up right and stretch out my arms and legs.

"I need to get ready for tomorrow." I say to myself.

A/N
IM LITERALLY VERY SOOORRRYYY!! I SAID THAT I'D BE UPLOADING TWO CHAPTERS THE DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY AND SO THIS CHAPTER WOULD BE CHAPTER 5 OR 6. BUT THEN I DIDNT UPLOAD ANYTHING~ plz forgive meh. The exams just ended.

Plz accept my apology

Plz accept my apology. Ily~