thirty-five

AUTHOR'S NOTE

since I don't want my stories to drag this long, I usually limit my fics up to 30-35 chaps only

so it's a long ass ride - i mean this is a long ass chapter, sorry i dreamt of mark last night and he wouldn't leave me alone

i'm going to prepare myself now if ever you want to hunt me down. i'll be in yanjun's house or xikan's or at zimo's x

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

The good news? Yankai woke up.

The bad news? Shuzhen might be leaving.

"Never scare us like that again!" Yanyu exclaimed, hitting the patient with a pillow.

Kaihao tried pulling her away, "He just woke up! Do you want him to get operated again?"

"I don't care! As long as he doesn't do something stupid like that again!"

Yankai chuckled, "Gee, jiejie, relax. You sound like a mother here."

Lifen patted his back, "We're just worried for you, Yankai. And Shuzhen feels really bad about this."

Yankai searched for Shuzhen as he found her wrapped around Zimo's arm. He also found all members of the crew laughing at how Kaihao tried controlling Yanyu. He also found Xiao Gui and Shengen eating in front of the television. He just realized how big his room is.

"Wait, is this a VIP room?" Yankai asks, widening his eyes.

Mingzhu nods, "Your dad wanted all of us here when you wake up,"

Shuzhen walked towards Yankai, with Zimo following behind her, "Yankai, thank you,"

"You're welcome, jie." Yankai winked and looked at Zimo, "You can't boss me around now! I'm a hero, too."

Zimo laughed, ruffling his hair, "You get better soon, kid. Then we'll see."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Yilong wants me to go with him," Shuzhen confessed as her and Zimo stood in front of each other at the rooftop. The wind blowing against her soft skin.

She wanted to tell him first because she knew he would protest. Plus because of the things that had happened the past few days, she wanted to confront him about his feelings for her.

She wanted to make sure that what he felt was genuine. She wanted to know that she wasn't just some tool he's using to forget Mingzhu.

Since Yankai is awake and the twins and Liu Wei are now away from them, Shuzhen thought this would be the right moment.

Zimo bit the inside of his cheek, his hands inside his pocket, "So, you're leaving? Just like that?"

"Zim, we've been separated for almost all my life," Shuzhen adds. "I - I need to be with him."

"What about me?" Zimo questioned, looking at her with eyes full of longing, "Shuzhen, I finally know what I feel for you and you just drop me off like that."

"That's the thing." She met his eyes, "Are you forgetting that you've fallen inlove with Mingzhu before?"

"So, it's still about her? All this time, didn't you believe in my words? You didn't believe in my actions?"

"I'm just saying," Shuzhen sighed. Too tired to have a fight with him. It was getting dark and all she wanted right now was to rest. "Are you really inlove with me? Or are you using that excuse to make people believe that you're over her?"