twenty-nine

The four of them made their way inside the hospital, arriving in front of the ER.

"Mom?" Shuzhen called out, seeing her mom sitting on one of the chairs.

"Shuzhen, my dear," Her mom hugged her tightly, "You know how his eye is getting a bit weaker, right? We had to undergo surgery."

Shuzhen got confused, because they were really planning on getting his dad operated, but she thought there wasn't still enough money.

"All thanks to him," Shuzhen's mom smiled, pointing at a man who was holding a briefcase again.

Shuzhen, upon knowing who it was, almost fell to the ground. She gripped her mom's arms. "No, no, why did you take his money?! What did you give him?"

"What do you mean honey? He just offered some amount and isn't this your uncle?" Her mother asked, making the four confused. "He said he's been searching for you all these years. Oh, if only I knew you still had a living relative, I would've searched for him."

Zimo looked at Liu Wei who was smirking. He then helped Shuzhen up and faced her mom, "Mrs. Li, I've known Shuzhen all my life and I assure you, this is not her uncle."

"It isn't?" Mrs. Li questioned. "But he has this -"

Mrs. Li showed a document to them. It was the last will and testament of Shuzhen's real parents stating that Liu Wei be given authority to take care of Shuzhen until she reaches the legal age. In which case, Shuzhen will inherit all the money left to her by her parents.

"That's a lie!" Zimo said, pushing Shuzhen behind him. "You're not Shuzhen's uncle! Plus what authority?! She has a brother!"

Xingjie and Chunhua's mouth hung open as soon as Zimo announced. Shuzhen gripped his arm, "Zim, did you confirm it?"

"I don't have to," Zimo replied, facing Liu Wei. "Why don't we call Wang Yilong and we'll settle this matter?"

Mrs. Li looked at him, "Zimo, are you sure about this?"

"I'm sure," Zimo stood firm. "Mr. Liu, why don't we give it a go?"

Liu Wei smiled, "Be my guest."

Zimo dialed Yilong's number and put it on speaker. Someone answered but it wasn't who he was expecting, "Hello?"

"Hello? Where's Wang Yilong?"

"Oh, I'm sorry dear," The woman on the other line said. Her voice sounded a bit sad. "But Yilong got caught up in a motorcycle accident. He just passed away a few hours ago."

Zimo almost dropped the phone as he tried to process what the woman was saying. He thanked her and ended the call.

"Zim," Shuzhen shook him. She knew what was going to happen next, "Zim, please don't,"

Zimo clutched his fists and held Liu Wei's collar, "You set this up! Where's Yilong?! Where did you hide him?"

"Zimo, calm down -"

Chunhua's sentence was cut off when Zimo hit Liu Wei's face, making him stumble on the wall.

"Qin Zimo!" Mrs. Li exclaimed, disappointment appeared in her eyes as she looked at Zimo. "Is this what your foster parents are teaching you?"

"But Mrs. Li -"

"Go." Mrs. Li pointed at the door. "And take Xingjie and Chunhua. Please, don't cause anymore trouble."

Shuzhen's eyes wandered to Zimo then to Mrs. Li, "Mom, Zimo's telling the truth -"

"Oh, what does he know?" Mrs. Li said, helping Liu Wei up. "His real family is gone -"

"Mom!" Shuzhen exclaimed, moving beside Zimo. "I can't believe you would even go that far."

"Zimo. Go." Mrs. Li said with a serious tone. "Before I call the security."

Zimo exhaled, as he turned around but stopped when he felt someone hold his hand.

"If you're leaving, then I am too," Shuzhen said, looking up at him.

"Li Shuzhen, come back here!" Mrs. Li called out, "Are you forgetting that I am still your mother?"

Shuzhen held Zimo's hand a bit tighter but she knew he was going to let go sooner.

Zimo looked down on her and smiled, "I'll come back for you. I promise."

Zimo removed her hand from him and faced Xingjie and Chunhua, "Let's go. I'm not needed here."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"You're not getting away with this," Shuzhen muttered sitting inside the car. She was sitting between Liu Wei's two lackeys while the male sat in the front seat.

"Why not? I already did," Liu Wei grinned. "I can't believe your mom could be tricked so easily. Just show her a few legal documents and cash, she'll hand you back. I wish I thought of that sooner."

Shuzhen glared at him as the car started to move, "Where are you taking me?"

"Relax, my dear Shuzhen. I'm not going to hurt you. Yuntian still needs you,"

"Y-yuntian? So you adopted them? Just so you can take me back?!"

"Hey, it's not my fault I found Yunyi at his most vulnerable state," Liu Wei explains. "Yuntian got arrested and I bailed him out."

"That Yilong guy," Shuzhen whispered. "Were you responsible for killing him, too? So that you can have me all to yourself?"

Liu Wei's laughter filled up the car, "You think I would stoop that low? I'm not a murderer, Shuzhen."

"Then what -"

"Wang Yilong is alive," Liu Wei said, as the car parked in a garage. "And you'll be reunited with him soon enough."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

sorry if it's getting a bit boring or something uwu but thank you for continously reading and following zimo and shuzhen's complicated story HAHAHA IM SORRY