nine

Mingzhu walked inside Xingjie's basement, with Mushu following behind her.

She found Yanchen playing as Xingjie was busy on his computer.

"So you guys just sit here all night and do this?" Mingzhu asks, sitting beside Yanchen.

Yanchen nods as he kissed her cheek, "We have nothing better to do anyway. So, why'd you come here?"

Mingzhu bit her lip before speaking, "I have a plan. And I need your help."

"Shoot."

"I think Zimo and Shuzhen might have feelings for each other,"

Xingjie laughed from the far end of the room, "You're only noticing this now?"

Yanchen widens his eyes, "I thought it was one sided."

"One sided with who?" Mingzhu asks.

"Well, Ruibin told me that he heard Shuzhen telling Bangbang that she likes Zimo. I confronted Shuzhen about it."

"Then? What'd she say?"

"She ignored the topic but didn't deny it."

Mingzhu grinned, her eyes sparkling, "Zimo's going to have a girlfriend!"

"Wait," Yanchen stopped her excitement. "How are you sure that Zimo likes Shuzhen back?"

"Trust me. No one knows Zimo better than anyone else except me." Mingzhu explained. "When he likes someone, he likes to show off his cosplaying talent."

"So he did that with you?" Xingjie teased.

Mingzhu admitted, "Well, yeah. He kept walking in my room wearing different anime costumes."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"How about this?" Zimo pointed at Natsu and Lucy that was on display in the shop.

"Too revealing," Shuzhen comments.

Zimo raised his eyebrow, "You wore revealing clothes before, haven't you?"

"I didn't -!" She was about to hit Zimo when a man walked to them.

"Hello," The man was wearing a long coat and a hat. He was also holding a brown briefcase. His face looked like the ones you want to avoid when you cross the street.

Zimo pushed Shuzhen behind him, "Hi, is there anything you need?"

The man smiled. In a creepy way. "Do you know someone with the name Li Shuzhen?"

Shuzhen flinched behind Zimo. He laced his fingers with hers and squeezed it tight. Reassuring her that he's there.

Zimo faced the man and shook his head, "This is so random but no. There's no one I know with that name."

"Oh, is that it? Then may I mind looking at her face?" The man pointed at Shuzhen. "I just need to make sure -"

The man reached out and almost touched Shuzhen but Zimo pushed his hand away, "I could report this as a harassment."

"I haven't even touched her yet,"

"Move it or I'll call the police."

The man smiled again, "Are you perhaps Qin Zimo?"

"Ge!" They heard Zuo Ye's voice from afar. The two of them looked at their younger brother as he was walking towards them.

Zimo looked at the man infront of them again, but he was gone. He was nowhere to be found.

"Zim, who was that?" Shuzhen asked, her heart still beating and her hand still holding Zimo's.

"I don't know," Zimo faced her, "But right now, you're not allowed to go out. Alone."

Shuzhen nods, looking at their hands, "You won't leave me again, right?"

Zimo saw Zuo Ye almost near the shop they were at, "I'm not making that mistake again."