nineteen

Shuzhen gripped her phone in her hands. She was mad at Zimo for taking it away and now he's outside, knocking on her door.

"You gotta be kidding me. You want me to freeze out here?!" Zimo called out.

Chunhua sat down on the couch beside Xingjie. Yes, Xingjie was at her house. Together with Zhou Rui, Yankai and Xiao Gui.

"You really should let him in jie," Yankai said, looking at the microwave.

"And you really should be all going home," Shuzhen pointed out as they gathered around the living room.

The knock was getting louder and Xingjie was getting annoyed, "Please, just open the door!"

Shuzhen glared at him and stood up, throwing a pillow at him, "Fine!"

She walked towards the door, turning the doorknob. Opening the door, she met Zimo's eyes who were a bit sad but instead of apologizing, he suddenly grinned, "Thanks. I thought I would turn to ice out there."

Shuzhen rolled her eyes as he easily found his spot at the couch, "You're welcome, you fish."

"See?" Xingjie says, "It's suddenly peaceful. Now turn on the tv. Yankai! Come on!"

Yankai sat beside Chunhua making her move closer to Xingjie and the Huba guy is enjoying it.

Shuzhen had no choice so she sat beside Zimo on the other couch while Zhou Rui and Xiao Gui lied down on the floor with pillows surrounding them.

They were watching the movie, Home. Since Yankai wanted to watch some cartoons but he ended up sleeping first.

"Do you want me to change the movie?" Xingjie asked Chunhua as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"No," Chunhua replied, softly. "I want to finish this."

Shuzhen was quiet throughout the duration of the movie. Zimo started to play with her fingers, but she rejected them quickly.

"Stop that," Shuzhen muttered, pushing him a bit.

"I don't want to," Zimo said, grinning. Shuzhen's phone suddenly beeped again. Probably Zi, Zimo thought.

Before Shuzhen could reach for it on the table, Zimo quickly took it in his hands and put it in his pocket.

"Zimo, this is getting insane. Give me my phone back."

"Not unless you tell me who this Zi person is," Zimo said, with a serious tone.

"I have no idea who it is, okay? I've been trying to find his identity for the past two weeks. Are you sure it's not you?"

Zimo scoffed, "Do you seriously think I would use those corny lines?"

Shuzhen hit his chest, "They're not corny."

Zimo raised his eyebrow, "Oh, so you like them?"

"N-no," Shuzhen stuttered, hurting Zimo's feelings a bit. If he knew that Shuzhen liked it, he would've used them often on her.

Zimo stayed silent as he turned his head towards the direction of the tv. He saw Chunhua and Xingjie getting a bit cozy on the couch while Yankai was already lying on the ground.

"Zim.." Shuzhen called out for his name but he wouldn't budge. "Zim, come on."

Zimo moved a bit away from her, stretching his hands out.

Shuzhen frowned, but continued calling him. She sighed, about to lose her patience. "Zim, zim, zim, zim, zim."

She continued, whispering in her ear. Zimo found it a bit amusing, but he still stayed silent.

The movie was about to end. Shuzhen moved a bit closer, grabbing Zimo's ear, "Talk to me and I'll let go."

"Ow, ow, ow, Shu-zhen.. stop.." Zimo winced in pain, trying to push her hand away.

"Not until you -" Shuzhen was cut off and the hand she was using to hold Zimo's ear, dropped on the couch.

Zimo cupped her cheeks, pulling her closer, making their faces only inches away. Shuzhen froze but her eyes wandered down to Zimo's lips.

Zimo smirked, "You're getting flustered, aren't you?"

"N-no," Shuzhen stuttered again, avoiding Zimo's gaze.

He was this close and she wanted to do something. Something that can prove that he was the one who kissed her that night.

Shuzhen started to lean in, waiting for Zimo's response to her actions. Much to her surprise, Zimo leaned in, too.

But before their lips could make contact, she felt some hair hit her face, "What the hell -"

"Hmm, my neck is about to break,"

Zimo shook his head, slumping down on the couch as he looked at the person who disturbed them.

Zhou Rui was standing in front, flipping his hair. Shuzhen grabbed some and pulled him back, "What do you think you're doing?"

Zhou Rui tried to remove himself from his grasp, "Hey, h-hey, Shuzhen! Let go! It hurts!"

"Shuzhen," Zimo called out, reaching out for her hand while she let go of Zhou Rui's hair.

Zhou Rui turned back and pointed a finger at Shuzhen, "You are a disgrace to all people who have long hair!"

Shuzhen swatted his finger away, "Just go to sleep already!" She stood up and walked upstairs, probably to her room, leaving Zhou Rui and Zimo who were the only ones awake.

Zhou Rui looked at the younger guy, "You were about to kiss, right?"

Zimo got one pillow from the ground and removed the jacket he was wearing, "It would've been a great feeling to kiss her again."